lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: engine braking

Yeah if it is a Dealer level it has limitations to what you can change....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2020, 05:48 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
The aggressive setting on my 2017 Precedent will lift you out of your seat from a quick pedal up.. I set it to mild and it is perfect for me...
No doubt, and on my IQ's it was a noticeable difference, but was more pronounced with the Alltrax settings....

Becomes a moot point with several aftermarket motors as they remove most off the regen capabilities to protect the armature and commutator from high-speed dumps.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:33 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
No doubt, and on my IQ's it was a noticeable difference, but was more pronounced with the Alltrax settings....

Becomes a moot point with several aftermarket motors as they remove most off the regen capabilities to protect the armature and commutator from high-speed dumps.
I would say that is a "design limitation" and You say it is a "design characteristic", either way high speed Motor and Lack of Regenerative brake are not intrinsically linked, it is simply a part of the specific Motor design.

There are High Speed motors that support Regenerative brake without any issues and I wish the manufactures would be more clear on their specifications.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:17 AM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I would say that is a "design limitation" and You say it is a "design characteristic", either way high speed Motor and Lack of Regenerative brake are not intrinsically linked, it is simply a part of the specific Motor design.

There are High Speed motors that support Regenerative brake without any issues and I wish the manufactures would be more clear on their specifications.
Oh there is no debate here... I think you and I were discussing this back at Christmas and we agree. I know Robbie at PQ told me why he did it, and you and I were discussing some D&D's that did not. This the reason I stated several and not all. I am aware of some who maintain it. I love regen and wish mine had more. Your little device helps, but I have nothing compared to what I had with the other sepex. And truthfully, I have never had as strong and as balanced of a motor as this Executioner is, so will accept the trade-off. (Balanced meaning all parameters)
Old 06-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am actually on a simpler Revision 3 of that device since it does not take much Regenerative current anymore to bring my new lithium pack near the upper limits.

With the Lithium upgrade I set my throttle rate up to do wheelies but that high rate did not work too good for reverse so now the throttle rate goes down automatically (as well as some pedal up Regen) when the FNR is in reverse.

Finally I added a simple on/off switch to get a mild mode with some pedal up Regen as a hill descent assist.

The new brake pedal activated Regenerative mode is also smoother due to manipulating the throttle rate setting during transition from coasting to Regen.

I think David said the FSIP told him their Sepex motors could handle Regen but not an exact limit, but it may not be too critical for a Lithium pack since You are limited to around 70 amps Regen current.

I wish I had more places to ride near my neighborhood so I would get more excited about increasing the speed beyond the 27mph I have set with the stock motor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car