lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
rick62
Not Yet Wild

Default Solonoid trouble no go

2005 club car IQ (AQ0541-55789) I was hoping someone could help me out troubleshooting a cart i'm working on. It was a no go, no solenoid click batteries charged. scanner reads 49.5v I hooked my scan tool up and pulled code's there was no current faults. fault history had these main coil fault, main welded , HPD and Thermal Cutback. Before these code's there is a speed sensor fault from last summer I didn't clear after replacing it. I replaced the solenoid and it clicks but not every time, and the cart don't move. There is pack voltage at blue wire on solenoid. The click sounds a little weak to me. I load tested the battery's and they seem good but are 2015s 6-8volt. Could the resistor on the solenoid cause this I did not replace it. I'm pretty sure I put it on the same way it came off. I would be grateful for any advise you can give.
rick62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Solonoid trouble no go

Go to the Blue wire and Green wire connector down at the MCOR and unplug it and then put a paperclip jumper in it and try it again.

If that is not it, we will do some more testing.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:16 AM   #3
rick62
Not Yet Wild

Thanks i'll try it and let you know. The mcor is on the left frame rail I may of mis stated it's an IQ it has the older style computer white rectangular.

Last edited by rick62; 06-04-2020 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: added more info
Old 06-04-2020, 04:18 AM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

You have a programmer...Connect it and go to the monitor menu..Take the cart for a ride and look at the "foot input" on the menu...That is the limit switch in the mcor...When the pedal is pressed the status should be on...See if it changes to off when driving...If it does do what Nole suggested...A bad limit switch in the mcor won't show a fault on the programmer..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:16 AM   #5
rick62
Not Yet Wild

The cart wont move.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:22 AM   #6
rick62
Not Yet Wild

With monitor hooked up throttle input is 78% with pedal on floor cart don't move.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:36 AM   #7
rick62
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way to tilt the component panel forward into battery compartment for better access to controller etc.?
Old 06-04-2020, 05:50 AM   #8
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

You don't have to drive it to test the foot input on the monitor menu..See if it stays off when the go pedal is pressed..If it does the limit switch is bad..

You have a DS so take off the rear body access panel to get to the solenoid/controller..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #9
rick62
Not Yet Wild

Thanks movin-on. It has a back seat I really did not want to take off. The owner told me today he's want's to trade it in and wanted to see if I could get it going cheap. The salesman said he'd take it the way it is on trade So I guess i'm done with it. Thanks for help.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:33 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You can jack it up and access the it from beneath.

HINT: Jack it up at the frame and not the rear end. You need it to drop as much as it can to access the panel and electronics. We use to remove the batteries and flip them over on their side to do all the work.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car