lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
sgsdane1
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Carburator

Bought a used G 1 gas.
Engine seized

A general, small engine shop pulled down the engine so there are a lot of parts in boxes.
I got through the shop manual? and I have pieced most of it back together. I'm just not sure of the carburetor hoses and what goes where?

Had a shop in Atlanta rebuild the long block so I'm just putting the jig saw back together.

Question 1. how do I validate the oil injector system is working?

Question 2. there are several input tubes and carburetor ports, Gas, oil, exhaust, vacuum, air intake and on and on. Does anyone have a reference or photos of what connects where?

Last edited by sgsdane1; 08-18-2019 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: One typo
sgsdane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: G Carburator

Hiya!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:58 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: G Carburator

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:03 PM   #4
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Carburator

Welcome !
All your answers are here - lots of knowledge!
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:16 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Unfortunately there really isn't a way to check the oil injector as it's operating unless you were to remove the assembly somehow and check to see if oil is moving through the injector as it's running. This is why most of us disable the oil injection system and premix the fuel.

According to the Yamaha service manual, the stock oil injection system mixes at a ratio of between 150:1 and 300:1. I know, it's hard to believe, but true. I started with 50:1 and it was too much, makes smoke and builds up oil in the muffler. I then went to 85:1 and that was much better. I ended up at 100:1 using Echo brand air cooled synthetic oil from Home Depot. No smoke, good power, no build up of oil. Ran this way for over two years on a rebuilt engine and rechecked the cylinder, virtually no wear.

My recommendation it to premix at 100:1 using Echo oil.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Believe it or not there are a couple of different aftermarket carb versions for G1s. If yoy take a pic of yours we can let you know what goes where?
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

G1's are awesome little tanks.

see the bottom of my post for a link to the G1 service manual
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:03 AM   #8
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the madness.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:50 PM   #9
sgsdane1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Believe it or not there are a couple of different aftermarket carb versions for G1s. If yoy take a pic of yours we can let you know what goes where?
Thank you all, yes it gets maddening. Now I want to lift it, better wheels, new seats.
The idea that it's just a golf cart changes when you start cleaning it up and putting the pieces back together.
I have some pics, will download and send a bit later.
I am going to disable the oiler (that was the original issue with the engine seizing) and go to the 100 to 1, 2 cycle mix.
There are two ports on the passenger side of the carb. One is obvious for the fuel line.
The second appears very tiny right next to the fuel inlet. I don't know what that hooks up to? Probably part of the oil injection. I will try to cap that.
On the drivers side there is a small port moving to the front of the cart. I would guess that is for oil to be atomized with the gas just before it moves into the engine through the reed valve assembly.
I plug the line from the oil reservoir (both sides) at the little filter. I plugged another bigger line that looks like it comes off the oil injector pump but it has a larger diameter clear blue hose that doesn't naturally fit anywhere.
I'll plug the exhaust line as well.
There also seems to be a line going to the differential from the oiler. I'm guessing this might just be some sort of pressure supply line to the oil tank. I left it intact since it doesn't terminate at the engine.
Ok, enough jabber.
Any suggestions, how to properly disconnect the oil injector system and where and how everything goes?
Thank you, Steve
sgsdane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #10
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgsdane1 View Post
Thank you all, yes it gets maddening. Now I want to lift it, better wheels, new seats.
The idea that it's just a golf cart changes when you start cleaning it up and putting the pieces back together.
I have some pics, will download and send a bit later.
I am going to disable the oiler (that was the original issue with the engine seizing) and go to the 100 to 1, 2 cycle mix.
There are two ports on the passenger side of the carb. One is obvious for the fuel line.
The second appears very tiny right next to the fuel inlet. I don't know what that hooks up to? Probably part of the oil injection. I will try to cap that.
On the drivers side there is a small port moving to the front of the cart. I would guess that is for oil to be atomized with the gas just before it moves into the engine through the reed valve assembly.
I plug the line from the oil reservoir (both sides) at the little filter. I plugged another bigger line that looks like it comes off the oil injector pump but it has a larger diameter clear blue hose that doesn't naturally fit anywhere.
I'll plug the exhaust line as well.
There also seems to be a line going to the differential from the oiler. I'm guessing this might just be some sort of pressure supply line to the oil tank. I left it intact since it doesn't terminate at the engine.
Ok, enough jabber.
Any suggestions, how to properly disconnect the oil injector system and where and how everything goes?
Thank you, Steve
what year is your cart? do you have an aftermarket carb or stock? the oil supply from the injection pump can vary depending on year. its a small port that can be capped. there is also a larger line that is a vent line if the float sticks but it does up and over the carb, doesn't make sense to me but works.
there is on line that goes from the differential to the oil tank in case of over flow it doesn't get on the golf course. you can cap that line but make sure the differential breather is installed correctly and not plugged.

on the oil injector removal, I removed the primary clutch, then removed the oil pump drive case. removed the plastic drive gear by knocking out the small drift pin and the c-clip. then I removed the pump from the case and made a block off plate for it. then reinstalled it the drive case as normal, as it keeps the crank seal from coming out.

if your cart still has the butterfly valve in the exhaust just make sure the linkage works with the throttle pedal or that plate will block the exhaust.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha