lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
davo1977
Not Yet Wild

Default Predator 670 22hp carb adjusting

This is my second 22 hp conversion, first went in a 4x4 mule, this one in my ezgo txt. The problem im having is the engine always floods, then runs lean.it idles when it wants to, or untill the wind blows! Today i drilled out the air mixture caps and did some adjusting. Really no change! I noticed that when i cover the air inlet with my hand, and blocking the air, the engine seems much more responsive. Does that mean i need to install bigger jets? The ones in it are 105. Does anyone make a carb conversion yet? I will pay anything at this point! Thanks
davo1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Predator 670 22hp carb adjusting

If i hear you right and if that carb is like other 2 barrels i worked with, you need to work with the idle jets. Also make sure the throttle is returnng to closed. If you pulled the shot caps off i think you were dealing with your high speed jets. That wont help your idle. On carbs where i couldnt get to the idle jets i just opened up one of the 3 idle circuit holes that are in the barrel since they were accessible. Can you post a picture of the carb?
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
davo1977
Not Yet Wild

First of all, I want to thank you for taking them time to help with this! I have researched "drilling out idle jets" and its exactly what I need to do. Where would theu be? The only other ports I can see are brass ports that go to the back side of the carb where the air comes in. Would these be the idle jets need to drill out? I n the bowl, all there are is main jets.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:46 AM   #4
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Pics would make this a lot easier to help you.
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Are these carbs set up for a fuel pump or gravity feed? If gravity fed would a fuel return line help? My clone would not run properly without one. Also how are you powering your fuel pump.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
davo1977
Not Yet Wild

They have a fuel pump on them. Today I drilled the 103 jets out with a 1/16" drill bit. I idles perfect and has instant throttle response, however when I take off, the engine spudders and dies like its flooding out. Guess I drilled them too big..BUT there is no slow speed jets or anything in the bowl, just two main jets! Im guessing this is why it runs so shitty, so, I found a carb off a Briggs vanguard gs670 24hp that has the exact dimensions, so im going to order that and see what happens. It really is a good motor, just needs a real carb. Also, when I hit bumps, the oil comes up the breather tube and goes into intake and makes it smoke. Can I plug that hole in the intake where the tube goes in, and put some kind of filter/ breather on the hose, or does it have to breath into the air filter box?
Old 02-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I was wondering if a carb off another Vwin would be easy to fit.I guess you will tell us.The guys that swapped the predator Vtwin into a go kart had the oil problems when doing hard turns.You might want to call vegascarts and see if they any suggestions on that issue.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #8
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1977 View Post
They have a fuel pump on them. Today I drilled the 103 jets out with a 1/16" drill bit. I idles perfect and has instant throttle response, however when I take off, the engine spudders and dies like its flooding out. Guess I drilled them too big..BUT there is no slow speed jets or anything in the bowl, just two main jets! Im guessing this is why it runs so shitty, so, I found a carb off a Briggs vanguard gs670 24hp that has the exact dimensions, so im going to order that and see what happens. It really is a good motor, just needs a real carb. Also, when I hit bumps, the oil comes up the breather tube and goes into intake and makes it smoke. Can I plug that hole in the intake where the tube goes in, and put some kind of filter/ breather on the hose, or does it have to breath into the air filter box?
I think you mean a "Honda" GX670 24hp??
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #9
davo1977
Not Yet Wild

Honda gs670, yes, the carb mounting dimensions are the same.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It is supposed to be a honda copy, but nobody has taken a close look at one yet. The idle jets are usually in another place. The main will be much larger, the idle jets are tiny even a pin might not fit. You can buy jet drill sets for $10, just get one and drill it larger. Take test runs WOT with a warm engine, go larger until it does not stumble, then start checking the plug color after WOT runs before you jet more. You will have to find the idle jet, it may be covered with a plug, it might be the same design as a honda try the manual for a honda GX and see.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps