lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2020, 07:31 PM   #21
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: In need of safe higher rpm's

No the end of the needle is outside the float bowl. You just reach under the carb and make your adjustment On page 18 of my Vc 460 build there is a nice pic of it while showing my crankcase check valve. Also on page 1 of my carbs,carbs,carbs thread ( which I bumped ) one of which is the VC 460 2 circuit unit with the EC adjustable jet.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 09:51 PM   #22
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll check it out thanks and cool on the jet
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #23
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I may start a new thread on building this claim new clone, that is if the engine ever gets here. I went ahead and ordered parts from nr racing. What do you think?
Old 12-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #24
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Can't wait to follow your build. Seeing others building their various engines for swaps into all kinds of carts is what this section is all about.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oh yeah post your build. I was locked out of my PC for a week almost what fun. If you put a cam in you may have to look up the shim issue with it, I still need to get shims I'll put in if I ever split the case again. My cheater cam is slopping side to side.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:19 AM   #26
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsoezgo View Post
I may start a new thread on building this claim new clone, that is if the engine ever gets here. I went ahead and ordered parts from nr racing. What do you think?
Its arrived
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201227_184628.jpg (176.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #27
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

ALL RIGHT
Old 12-30-2020, 07:53 AM   #28
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Oh yeah post your build. I was locked out of my PC for a week almost what fun. If you put a cam in you may have to look up the shim issue with it, I still need to get shims I'll put in if I ever split the case again. My cheater cam is slopping side to side.
I have not seen much on shims on crank, did not know there was an possible issue with cam slop. How would you measure that?
Old 12-30-2020, 09:46 AM   #29
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

When I built the Omega short block I checked the clearances of all 3 items with the short block all assembled and torqued MINUS the rod and piston. Good thing I was using studs on the side cover as the number of times it took to get it right. Ruined one side cover gasket in the process. I used the ARC crank shim kit , 2 5/8 " arbor shaft shim kits to the .025" on the cam and a macmastercarr 20mm # 1074-1095 .030" on the balance shaft. The net result is a very smooth and quiet assembled short block. Jody Powell of ARC covers the shimming of a crankshaft in his installation video of their billet front cover on ARC Racing Youtube site.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:20 PM   #30
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
When I built the Omega short block I checked the clearances of all 3 items with the short block all assembled and torqued MINUS the rod and piston. Good thing I was using studs on the side cover as the number of times it took to get it right. Ruined one side cover gasket in the process. I used the ARC crank shim kit , 2 5/8 " arbor shaft shim kits to the .025" on the cam and a macmastercarr 20mm # 1074-1095 .030" on the balance shaft. The net result is a very smooth and quiet assembled short block. Jody Powell of ARC covers the shimming of a crankshaft in his installation video of their billet front cover on ARC Racing Youtube site.
My 420 (stock) crank and balance shaft have minimal slop but the new cheater cam from VC was shorter and moves a lot, .025 is a lot as posted mine is also like that. The cam has bevel gear so it is forced to one side and Vegas said it would be ok because of that, and it has been, but its not exactly right to have that much slop.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps