lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face 5th cycle....what?

I saw 1 utube PaulsKart.com on this 5th cycle concept I'm not fully understanding.
It involves check valves oil catch cans and venting through the valve cover and crankcase, somehow gaining some power. Can someone please explain?
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 5th cycle....what?

I don't think any of us understood completely what he was saying BUT both Shepard and I use 3/8 " check valves off our Aussie speed valve covers which really seal. By use of a fairly sealed crankcase system we are able to use that vacuum to decrease air resistance for the piston. Done correctly it does yield a noticeable power increase. As soon as the parts come in that along with the shaft rockers are going to be added to my 460 generator. Page 18 on my Vc 460 build shows the set up
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:13 AM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

My 460 generator now also has the 3/8" check valve added to it. The stock valve cover cleared the newly added VC supplied champion rocker arms with the longer push rods so I merely sectioned out the hose between the valve cover and air cleaner and added the check valve. It looks factory installed.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
My 460 generator now also has the 3/8" check valve added to it. The stock valve cover cleared the newly added VC supplied champion rocker arms with the longer push rods so I merely sectioned out the hose between the valve cover and air cleaner and added the check valve. It looks factory installed.
I am already adding a catch can so the addition of a check valve is easy, so I'll try that and see what happens
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps