lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
bredboy
Not Yet Wild

Default cold weather quandry

97' gas ezgo. While pulling my Gkids on there sleds for about a 1/2 hr.(20ish degrees) the kart suddenly died with no response from the peddle at all.
In about a 1/2 hr. it started back up only to take another coffee break after 2-3 min. That scenario repeated itself several times.
The driveway had approx. 1.5" of snow, the yard about 4". I suspect that could have some bearing on the issue. ?????????????
bredboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cold weather quandry

Gotta be something wet.... ignition maybe? Spray everything with WD-40, the spark plug wires, coil, etc. Let it dry out & go try it again.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
bredboy
Not Yet Wild

Thanx Dude. Can I call you dude? Could be as simple as that. I'll give it a try Thanx again.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If the peddle isnt causing any response at all I would start with the micro switch that the gas pedal triggers to throw everything in motion.
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, the micro switch is a likely scenario. It won't be a bearing.
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
98 EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

bredboy, I have had the same problem before, and couldn't find anything. Let me know what you come up with!
98 EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
bredboy
Not Yet Wild

Thanx to all of you guys who have jumped on this problem.
I brought Herbie in to the garage to dry out for a couple days and do a systems check. He woke up just fine and purred like a kitten. The plate that covers the micro switch is rivited so access could be difficult. The switch seems to click with the pedal , for what it's worth. So 98 EZGO , I wish I had more to tell you. I'll log in after the grand kids come again. Thanx.
SIDE NOTE: My 97 EZGO is one of the best investments I ever made for my family. My 3 grand daughters and some kids I mentor have learn to drive in it. It's a great confidence booster. I,ve hauled dirt, stalled cars, tools, trailers loaded with trees, seniors- pop- food-trash & medical supplies @ church picnics, parade floats, I could go on.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Had the same problem on my Marathon when runnin in puddles out in the woods.Spray the Micro-Switch with WD-40,mine started right up after that.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
bredboy
Not Yet Wild

Thanx. I haven,t tried that yet but it makes sense to me. I had the same problem with my 94' ford van . The old plug wires would arch out til I would spray them . I changed wires...problem solved.
might also try to shield the cable opening at the micro switch box with some aluminum flashing material to keep the moiture out. Thanx.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO