lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 07:19 AM   #21
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Sluggish cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Unless the amperage is down on your controller (or smaller then your FIL's), then I am not sure what else with out riding it or hooking a scanner to it and reading it.

If the speed was off, I would think MCOR not reaching 100%, but it must be to see 20mph. Just ensure you do not have any throttle points anywhere.... (bad Cable, bad lugs, bad or corroded connections, etc.)
How would you check the amperage on the controller? What is FIL? Every visually looks fine.

Had I not recently ridden my dad's cart I would haven't known there was a difference. His hits the 19.6, mine hits 20-21 (I put one of those magnets that some of y'all do) so I wouldn't have thought anything about it. Difference is he is faster off the start and he can go forever on his cart and mine makes me paranoid after a mile.
bospider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

A couple of thoughts, since you mentioned new cables, make sure the negative cable is the only cable on the pack negative battery post and it goes through the OBC openning.

You really should remove that 16v->12v reducer, specially if it is not connected to the first two batteries as it could be creating a voltage drain when the key is OFF.

In either case You need to measure each individual battery voltage after using the cart (or better while under load) to make sure the two batteries on the 16v reducer are not getting damaged.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #23
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
A couple of thoughts, since you mentioned new cables, make sure the negative cable is the only cable on the pack negative battery post and it goes through the OBC openning.

You really should remove that 16v->12v reducer, specially if it is not connected to the first two batteries as it could be creating a voltage drain when the key is OFF.

In either case You need to measure each individual battery voltage after using the cart (or better while under load) to make sure the two batteries on the 16v reducer are not getting damaged.
I can confirm that the little bullet connector coming from the OBC goes to the negative on the last or 6th battery.

I would really like to remove it but how I go about doing that with there being a harness connected? I need to verify this evening if it's still connected to the battery. That COULD be a part of this issue.

so, drive around for a bit, say a mile, and then take independent voltage readings on each battery? Do I need to disconnect the cables or just read across each battery? Second part would be to check each battery while driving?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bospider01 View Post
I can confirm that the little bullet connector coming from the OBC goes to the negative on the last or 6th battery.

I would really like to remove it but how I go about doing that with there being a harness connected? I need to verify this evening if it's still connected to the battery. That COULD be a part of this issue.

so, drive around for a bit, say a mile, and then take independent voltage readings on each battery? Do I need to disconnect the cables or just read across each battery? Second part would be to check each battery while driving?
What does that mean exactly? I was referring to the thick 6ga negative cable that comes from Controller B- through the hole in the OBC to the pack negative battery post, no other wires or cables should be connected to that battery post.

You do not need to remove the cables to measure the individual battery voltages, just make sure You set your Multimeter to a 20vDC scale so You will get two decimal points on the individual battery voltages.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #25
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

A couple of thoughts, since you mentioned new cables, make sure the negative cable is the only cable on the pack negative battery post and it goes through the OBC opening.

I looked back at my pictures and I can confirm this configuration.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:24 PM   #26
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Here are some pictures I took just when I got home this afternoon and just now. It's been plugged in since Sunday. That's the first voltage reading. I unplugged and plugged back in and that's the second voltage. The charger went to about 7 when I did the unplug/plug and it's at 3 right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190507_193518.jpg (268.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190507_193523.jpg (239.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190507_193558.jpg (72.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190507_212100.jpg (61.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Where did you tie in to get 48v - and + for the reducer?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:18 PM   #28
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

I believe this was my final draft and how I wired it up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180113_121551.jpg (189.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2019, 11:35 PM   #29
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Do you have a 12v + blue and red somehow going to the controller?
Old 05-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Where is the 12v - coming off the reducer?

Battery meter needs a neg.

Where is the old reducer tied in to this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car