lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
PipeMajor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT Headlights or light bar?

Have a 36V TXT PDS and I'm looking to add a RHOX light package. I am looking for some input on headlights versus the light bar. I like the somewhat cleaner look of the light bar, and less body cutting, but I'm wondering if the headlights would provide any better illumination, or if there's some other reasons to prefer one over the other? Also any recommendations for a voltage reducer or other accessories needed to add lighting? Cheers.

PM
PipeMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
wildbil645
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Headlights or light bar?

i found some LED on ebay for $22.00 they work great and are really bright. they work on 12 to 36 volt so i hooked mine up to 36 volts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150614_193703.jpg (126.9 KB, 0 views)
wildbil645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is my set up
front and back roof lights are using the roof bolts :)
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't have a pic of them in use, but I used to have some 55watt fog lights. They lit up the road very well in front, but the area wasn't wide, didn't light the curb well. They would easily light up the neighbors car 80 feet away. I removed those and made a custom mount with 6 of those 9 Watt LED bulbs on a bolt (IDK if they were Eagle Eye or a competing brand).

The LEDs have the LED look and they light up the area around the front of the cart very well as they have the flood light pattern. Quite easy to see the curb now. They don't illuminate as far as the fog lights, but they are bright enough to read a book with them maybe 30 feet away. If I were to build it again, I'd use C channel or angle. The pic above I was using box aluminum and it made the install harder than it needed to be.

Bonus, anybody driving towards me is absolutely going to see me... Even from down the block, you cannot miss these. So I'd go with LED if you drive city streets so you will absolutely be seen.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #5
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The LEDs are very bright and don't use much power. They do come in spot or flood. I use two floods on the front of my cart. They light the road very well. A buddy of mine has halogens and his shine a little farther but my LEDs are much brighter. 2 spots for distance and 1 flood as a sort of fog light might be a solution.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bet Gr8hntr is lighting up the woods when he has both sets going. I like the set up GH.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You should be able to see in my avatar the cut out option. I actually think this is a much cleaner look. Cutting out is pretty easy (I used a roto zip tool, or probably also a dremel for same thing), I left about an 1/8" of the body at the bottom of the lights for stability. I purchased the entire package, lights signals and brake light but only installed the light options. Will add the rest later (maybe). Cant remember where I got them but think it was like $125. The only regret is not getting L.E.D. cuz they weren't ready available back then. I think some of the sponsors have the L.E.D cut outs and I would recommend them if you're comfortable doing the cutouts. I currently run a 12volt add on battery, will probably change to voltage convertor down the road.
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thx
I have a small set mounted to the brush guard that I use for sneaking to the stand in the morning ..both front sets are LED and the rear ones are halogen ... they really help backing up at night or loading /unloading before and after the days hunt ... I'm sure I'll swap them over to LED at some point .. I do run an extra12v battery for all lights and a cigarette lighter plug to charge cellphones or run the small air pump around camp
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:21 AM   #9
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbil645 View Post
i found some LED on ebay for $22.00 they work great and are really bright. they work on 12 to 36 volt so i hooked mine up to 36 volts
I use these same lights ... 2 in front on the basket and 2 out back to light the bed and under bed to light up work area. They are all floods so while they do not project way out there (about 60') they do light up a large area and are great with the stock headlights.. I set my fronts angled to each side as they flood the center area and give me more out the sides. Mine were $19.99/ pr.

WPR Build 33 ready set go.jpg

Wpr Lights 3.jpg

Wpr Lights 2.jpg

Wpr Lights 4.jpg

I plan to use them on my Bronco with some spot LED's for reaching out there when hunting or wheeling in the dark. One nice thing about these low power LED floods is if you break down they do not use much power so you can work on whatever with good lighting.
I'll make up one flood for cigarette lighter power with a long set of wires and a magnet to hold it where needed too.
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #10
CedzGo
Gone Wild

Or, you could do like I did, and put LED bulbs in your headlights. It works pretty well. Bright and easy on your batteries. Check out this thread for picture contrasts between the bulbs and voltage drops...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...t-bulbs-2.html
CedzGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO