lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Rear Seat Options

Why is the back seat tilted so much? Is there something under it or is that how it is? Looks like you’d slide right off lol
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Why is the back seat tilted so much? Is there something under it or is that how it is? Looks like you’d slide right off lol
It's that good chinese quality...
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:47 PM   #13
cstarky15
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If you zoom at the picture, you'll see that the seat isn't fully into the bottom part. Thus making it look that way. It is very much level.
I also upgraded the rear springs as when it was fully loaded it was very low. The springs helped a ton.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
cstarky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:18 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
It's that good chinese quality...
I get it. Squint hard enough and it’s straight
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:33 AM   #15
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
The A-frame rear seat back supports are what pushes the seat backs forward. I was concerned when I first did my assembly, but I am only 6-10. It does get cramped but I've learned to adjust.

But at 6-4, you can't possibly adjust comfortably, hardly even where the seat back is now.

I do have a suggestion which will involve making a new seat back support that will put both seat backs more vertical. This should actually move the seatback further to the rear than it is now.

If you think this is something you might want to do, let me know and I'll try to detail it here.

Interested in this mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:05 AM   #16
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Quote:
The A-frame rear seat back supports are what pushes the seat backs forward. I was concerned when I first did my assembly, but I am only 6-10. It does get cramped but I've learned to adjust.

But at 6-4, you can't possibly adjust comfortably, hardly even where the seat back is now.

I do have a suggestion which will involve making a new seat back support that will put both seat backs more vertical. This should actually move the seatback further to the rear than it is now.

If you think this is something you might want to do, let me know and I'll try to detail it here.
you are 6'10" or 5'10"?
sand dune coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:26 AM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ellis View Post
Interested in this mod

I was afraid someone would ask and I would have a difficult time explaining it. But here goes>

If the rear seat kit included the a-frame support for both seat backs, remove the supports and lay them on a table.

Get a 6' length of 2 x 1/8" cold rolled steel and form the rear seat support mounting angle on one end and the front seat support mounting angle on the other end.

Now cut the two sections off at the same length as the a-frame support just up to the top bend, but add about 4" to the front seat support on the vertical length. This is for final adjustment of the seat back angle.

Use the rest of the 6' flat stock to form the second seat back support sections. Drill the holes required for mounting to the cart and for the seat back mounting matching the a-frame holes.

The rear seat back support will be at the same angle as the a-frame or it can be bent a bit more to permit the front seat support more room. The front seat back support can be bent to allow the seat back to move farther to the rear. That is the reason for the additional 4". Shape the front supports to put the seat backs where you want them. They can be nearly vertical if you like.

When both seat back supports are shaped where they need to be, install the seat backs on them and install them on the cart. Sit on them and make sure you are happy with them. Cut the front section off to the same height as the rear one. They should be close together.

Now the fun part. Where the top bend was on the a-frame, install a 3" strap hinge on the two supports. Use 3/16" steel pop rivets to mount the hinge. This will form a new hinged A-frame. The reason for the hinge is so you can install the seat backs before mounting on the cart. Without a hinge, the uprights would be too close together the be able to install the seat backs. You can now paint the assemblies.

Lay the supports flat on a table, install the seat backs and then install the entire assembly on the cart.

I hope this is clear enough to follow. I was going to do this on mine but I fabricated the locking hasp on the seat and don't want to go through that again! See posts 26 through 30 on this thread:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=179811&page=3

Let me know if anything needs to be clearer and I'll give it a try.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hinged Seat Back Support.pdf (355.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Tom47; 12-03-2021 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Add Drawing
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand dune coon View Post
you are 6'10" or 5'10"?
I was hoping no one would catch that!!! Actually I'm 5-10. Used to be 6 even back in the day before I met Arthur.

You know Arthuritis?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:32 PM   #19
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Quote:
I was hoping no one would catch that!!! Actually I'm 5-10. Used to be 6 even back in the day before I met Arthur.

You know Arthuritis?
oh ya i know him all to well, hes a friend of mine too..
sand dune coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:37 PM   #20
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I was afraid someone would ask and I would have a difficult time explaining it. But here goes>

If the rear seat kit included the a-frame support for both seat backs, remove the supports and lay them on a table.

Get a 6' length of 2 x 1/8" cold rolled steel and form the rear seat support mounting angle on one end and the front seat support mounting angle on the other end.

Now cut the two sections off at the same length as the a-frame support just up to the top bend, but add about 4" to the front seat support on the vertical length. This is for final adjustment of the seat back angle.

Use the rest of the 6' flat stock to form the second seat back support sections. Drill the holes required for mounting to the cart and for the seat back mounting matching the a-frame holes.

The rear seat back support will be at the same angle as the a-frame or it can be bent a bit more to permit the front seat support more room. The front seat back support can be bent to allow the seat back to move farther to the rear. That is the reason for the additional 4". Shape the front supports to put the seat backs where you want them. They can be nearly vertical if you like.

When both seat back supports are shaped where they need to be, install the seat backs on them and install them on the cart. Sit on them and make sure you are happy with them. Cut the front section off to the same height as the rear one. They should be close together.

Now the fun part. Where the top bend was on the a-frame, install a 3" strap hinge on the two supports. Use 3/16" steel pop rivets to mount the hinge. This will form a new hinged A-frame. The reason for the hinge is so you can install the seat backs before mounting on the cart. Without a hinge, the uprights would be too close together the be able to install the seat backs. You can now paint the assemblies.

Lay the supports flat on a table, install the seat backs and then install the entire assembly on the cart.

I hope this is clear enough to follow. I was going to do this on mine but I fabricated the locking hasp on the seat and don't want to go through that again! See posts 26 through 30 on this thread:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=179811&page=3

Let me know if anything needs to be clearer and I'll give it a try.

Thanks man for the detailed response! That is awesome! I think I’m going to go with one of the higher end steeling options and give this a try.

Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car