lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
mdgifford
Not Yet Wild

Default What kind of offset is my EZGO RXV w/Jakes 6" Lift Kit and 2" spacer rear and 1" back

I have a RXV and I'm looking at the ITP SS112 14"x8" Chrom wheels, I see several offest options 3+3, 4+2, 3+5 and a few other choices, which offset should i use and what size tires do i need?

I have the following
Jakes 6" lift kit
2" spacer on the rear
1" spacer on the back

Thank you for your help I'm desperate since my cart is sitting on jack stands until i figure this out.
mdgifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What kind of offset is my EZGO RXV w/Jakes 6" Lift Kit and 2" spacer rear and 1"

From what I've seen, most guys with a 6" lift or bigger will run a negative offset such as 3x5, 2x6. This will move the wheel out away from the frame to help eliminate rubbing issues when you turn. Offsets such as 4x4, 5x3 are more of a stock offset, where there is no lift and stock or low profile tire sizes.
The offset is the distance from the back of the center hub to the edge of the rim. A negative offset, such as a 3x5, means from the back of the center of the wheel to the edge of the rim is 3" and from the front of the center to the edge is 5". A positive offset such as 5x3 is just the opposite. More distance in the back of the wheel than in the front. Hope this helps some.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
mdgifford
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What kind of offset is my EZGO RXV w/Jakes 6" Lift Kit and 2" spacer rear and 1"

Thank you for the info, one more question, does it matter that I have spacers already on my hubs that are also the Jake spindle kits? They push my hubs out a pretty good amount. Just curious. Thank you again
mdgifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It doesn't matter, it's really more of a personnal preference thing. If you have the clearence without the spacers and like the way it looks then by all means go without them. I will say that on a lifted cart the wider stance is a bit more stable. I've got a 6" in lift with 2" wider front and running a 2x5 offset with 2" spacers all around. Love the wide stance.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts