lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
Cutch78
Not Yet Wild

Default No voltage going through new solenoid

Hello, just got a 92 Ezgo marathon gas cart that has been parked out in the weather for around 15 years. I put a new solenoid on it and Im still not getting voltage through it when gas pedal is pressed. Looks to me that I am getting voltage to the gas pedal micro switch. Any idea of what else to check would be great. Thanks
Cutch78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2021, 08:14 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No voltage going through new solenoid

The wiring goes through a couple of plug connecters. Check them for corrosion. There is also a place where the wiring splits off from the backup alarm. That is a common problem area.

Ms 4 is the backup switch. MS 3 is the pedal switch, then it goes through the key. check for power at the key. https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...3&d=1540227576
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
Cutch78
Not Yet Wild

Well it looks to me that the voltage goes through the key switch then to pedal switch. and the micro switch looks to be working with test light and breaking power when manually clicking the switch. Voltage is just not getting back to the opposite side of solenoid to send voltage to starter generator.
Cutch78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:03 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

It goes through the key switch last, then to the small terminal of the solenoid.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:11 PM   #5
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you press the pedal, you will activate the microswitch. Turn the key on, and This completes the circuit from the battery, or always hot big terminal on the solenoid, to the small signal terminal on the solenoid. If you get 12v on that small terminal, it should close the solenoid contactor and you should get 12v on the (big terminal) starter side of the relay. Check to see if you get 12v on the small terminal of the solenoid when the key is on, and pedal depressed. If you do, then the wiring, microswitch, and key switch are not the problem, and it is likely a bad solenoid. If you don't have 12v there, go backward along that circuit and see where you pick up 12v. I bet a wire came off the back of the key switch or the key switch came apart inside. If the wires are attached at the back of the key switch, use the Ohm meter to verify you get continuity between those two terminals when you turn the key to "on". If not, the switch is bad. It is also possible one or both of the blue and green wires leading up to the dash and back down got eaten by rodents over the 15 years of sitting and no longer have continuity between the switch and the solenoid. Worth checking.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO