lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Ezgo Limo Build

I picked up my 2000 Ezgo shuttle about a month ago. I have been putting together a budget and figuring what i will need. As you can see in the photos I missing a few parts like seats and roof parts. I plan on a lift kit with new 12 inch rims and tires. I will be changing the txt body to an ST body. I already have the mud guards and brush guard. I hope to add more photos as I get more work done.

I posted a week ago looking for info on the pod seat back supports. If anyone can help with info it would be great

Dave
West Chester,PA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0016 (3).JPG (133.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0017.JPG (121.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0018.JPG (134.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.JPG (129.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0020.JPG (132.5 KB, 0 views)
Dreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Limo Build

I can't help accurately with the seatbacks, but keep in mind that when You swap to the ST cowl, there are many other parts You will need like the cowl lowers, the plastic spacer bars for the bottom of the lowers, and the internal brace for ST cowls (which actually can be fabbed up fairly simply) ... When ordering the lowers, make sure to also order the spacers or it'll be hard to get the lowers to line up and look good at the bottom (where they go behind the sill plate trim). Trying to run without the spacers will also cause rattling (which a few washers will fix but then the whole thing will look weird where the lowers meet the sill) - running without a bracket to support the front of the cowl can cause all kinds of trouble from rattling and vibration in the cowl to actually causing the rivet tabs along the dash to crack off or your lowers to crack in colder weather (or under heavy use, which a limo likely wouldn't see, LOL) ... With all the right components, it's a drop-on swap - just be sure to do it right so it lasts more than a few weeks or seasons !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #3
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks for the info. I do have most of the front end parts from a wrecked st that was parted out. I'm making custom sill plates that will go from week well to wheel well out of aluminum diamond plate. I got it apart now to clean it and fix some rust areas. I will post more pictures tonight.

Dave
Old 01-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Well its been slow in the shop this week with 20 degree days. I was able to get some work done in the last 2 days. I took the cart down to the frame and got it pressure washed along with running some new wires to the dash area for a power outlet and a radio feed. I removed the metal floor to make it easy to clean and run the wires in the factory loom. I replaced the floor with new rivets. I have the dash just sitting in place waiting on a new one from Nivel. I need to get some new parts before I can get it put in place.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0050.jpg (239.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0052.jpg (181.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0055 (2).jpg (176.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0057.jpg (159.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an 05 EZGO Shuttle 4. I ended up buying a new pod seat back and bottom from someone off ebay for $180 shipped. Even got to pick the color. Installed them last night and they fit really well. Seems like high quality vinyl. Just searched for ezgo pod seat
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

m2Seats on Ebay does great work with replacement seats themselves, and the side armrests are stock TXT styles. As to the metal uprights (the "L" shaped part that connect the seatback to the bottom) I'd give Ty a call at shopezgo.com (the number is available on the website) - he's good at finding stuff that isn't a standard catalog item.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #7
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Got some work done today. I got the rear led lights wires and cut into body. I'm waiting on a new dash alone with seat parts from Nivel. Soon I will have the st front cowl so I can get the body parts painted.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #8
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Well after a weekend of swapping a new body on br Brother in laws Ezgo ST. I aquired my front cowl. I got it home and just had to put it on the nose to get a look.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)

Tags
ezgo, limo, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO