lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
slick_rick_12
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g1 takes to long to start

I have a yamaha g1 utility cart that I recently got running by replacing the fuel pump but the problem is that I have to choke it for about 30-45 seconds to get it started. I have read on here that muffler back can cause slow starting so I am planning a muffler bbq so I have the muffler off and I weighed it and is 25 pounds so I was wondering if that is a normal weight for it? I also hear that this could be the crank seals I was wondering what is the best way to test this? Also if you have any other thoughts on why this slow starting could be happening I would love to hear it! Thanks
slick_rick_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g1 takes to long to start

You need to inspect behind the clutch to see if the crank seal is leaking. You don't need to remove the clutch. What you are looking for is some kind of wet/dampness around the crank. If you are premixing the gas and oil then you will probably see more oil. As far as the crank seal on the flywheel side.....you really can't inspect that one unless you tear it apart. If the one on the clutch side is leaking then the flywheel seal is probably also bad. Change them both.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
slick_rick_12
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice it does seem fairly damp behind the clutch so I guess I'll go a head and replace the crankseals
slick_rick_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Field is right, seals are the most common problem with hard starting. If you've been through the carb already, the seals are next. There are threads here about the seals. Also check up in the "stickies" at the top of the page for the G1 sticky for good info.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
starting, yamaha g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha