lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #11
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Getting the right carburator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Hey finally got a picture up, I see the cowl took a hit also looks like your getting it back together nicely, hope that carb works out for you, did you try and soak the carb in some cleaner for a day, probably 95% of carb issues are do to dirt/gummed up, I know its kind of late now that you bought a new one, let us know how things are working out, keep the progress flowing
iron monkey,

Yup, The new carb should do well, as I found that the old one has old age syndrome and is worn quite a lot, the problem with the old carb was (as I found out last night) that the float pin was worn enough to stick shut or stick open. (hence the flooding and starving problem.)
A hit was indeed what screwed things up a bit, but most of the running gear up front has been fixed, and just last night I removed all the old cowl pieces and shocks, and found that, remarkably, the front body itself is straight and without damage other than one top shock mount tab with a slight bend, which I straightened out along with one bottom shock lift bracket mount which had a slight bend.
The axle itself has a very minor bend at the drivers side between the hub and the extension mount, but it is so unremarkable that I'm just going to leave it alone.

The front shocks are double ended studs (no cross bolts) and I should be able to match or find ones that will accommodate the lift a bit better.
The extension with the HD springs like you have, is in the process of being waited on as I am ordering new springs in a day or two, but all my thinking about extra work on the body has now ceased, as I just want the cart to be done so I can use it.
I'll worry about custom parts later once everything is done and working right.

One last thing is lifting the rear axle a few inches to accommodate a fatter tire and a bigger wheel in the spring (along with extra lift up front.) I need to sit and visualize what's going to be involved with that, it may need rim spacers and stuff which I have not researched yet.

Again, thank you for your input and patience, it was useful and kind.

Kind regards, E.Z.
E-Z-RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #12
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I forgot about you when I lost my original reply concerning Pinesol.
I have, over the years, working on boats, bikes, airplanes, submarines, flying saucers, space ships, stationary engines and hot rods, collected a mix of leftover oils, solvents and other things that will dissolve nuts, fix headaches, pregnancies, removes paint and rust and unstick rings that were stuck for years. Pinesol has NOT been an item that came up, but will now be included, as I have in my kitchen collection of dubious fluids one half of a bottle of that stuff, It may even help to alleviate the stench that this mix produces!

Thank you for chiming in, your suggestion will be incorporated with my miracle whip solution in the hope that, while this concoction already works like a dream, will add to it's ability to cure just about any sticky problem you can throw it at even better.

Thanks for the input, E.Z.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #13
my1423
Gone Wild

You are welcome!
Love the post to gave me a good chuckle! Keep it up!!

The sole in pure form works best and does not harm the rubber, brass, ect.
Removes the white rust on aluminum. Diluted slows it down and adds a white fog to it.

When the floors are washed half a cap leaves a nice fresh pine scent. An open pail is hard on the senses and eye watering.

I soak my stuff in a good sealing ice cream pale. Just make sure its air tight!
I just use plastic containers with holes in them as baskets to hold parts. Old sour cream container ect.
You want to use baskets or at least gloves for it will get dark and hard to see anything.

I use old tooth brushes to scrub things up in the sink.

Takes time. I would on badly gunked carbs let them sit in it over night and then rinse unstick and then soak another night or two.

It works best when heated and i tried using an old crock pot as a heat source.
Cleans in half the time and really makes the cleanup easy! Totally awesome and highly recomend it.
Dont do it!!! Made a toxic pine Forrest hell of my garage.

Well when you boil half a gallon of the stuff things happen. My wife thought she needed to call poison control and between the watering eyes, coughing, and crying about how the paint was surly going to come off the walls left and kept calling me on the phone to make sure i had not passed out offering to send in a hazmat team to rescue me. Also the adamant finger wag that you did something stupid.
Just having an open container is eye watering but a hot boiling cauldron of hell smells like you are an evil chemist from captain planet planning on dissolving a Forrest.

If you can find a crock pot with a rubber sealing lid that would be good.
Ideal would be to find a buddy with no sense of smell and do it at his house..

If the container is open for long periods it also seems to loose potency.

I always wanted an ultrasonic cleaner. That would be ideal if it seals up!!

I have a buddy who swears by a 50 50 mix of sol and antifreeze.
I personally have never tried it. His garage stinks in a sick sweet tree death. Not a pleasant Oder. Pine and hot antifreeze just dont mix omop.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #14
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

E-Z-RIDER The springs I got from amazon (EZGO 70989G03 Heavy Duty Front Cantilever Leaf Spring) $28.79 A Piece and on the rear I used some sch 80 pipe, maybe 2 1/2 x 5'' (2nd picture) I slid a smaller pipe inside and tacked it to keep the spring from coming off, (ASSUMING YOU HAVE COIL SPRINGS) again I had to make shock extension but if your going with new ones, buy to accommodate your lift. In the 1ST picture my first lift was only 3 inches I used pipe there also 1 1/2 on top and bottom of the spring, just dropped them in and the spring held them in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151114_143605.jpg (388.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151219_175654.jpg (385.0 KB, 0 views)
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:38 PM   #15
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
E-Z-RIDER The springs I got from amazon (EZGO 70989G03 Heavy Duty Front Cantilever Leaf Spring) $28.79 A Piece and on the rear I used some sch 80 pipe, maybe 2 1/2 x 5'' (2nd picture) I slid a smaller pipe inside and tacked it to keep the spring from coming off, (ASSUMING YOU HAVE COIL SPRINGS) again I had to make shock extension but if your going with new ones, buy to accommodate your lift. In the 1ST picture my first lift was only 3 inches I used pipe there also 1 1/2 on top and bottom of the spring, just dropped them in and the spring held them in place.
ironmonkey,

Duly noted ;

I have the springs, carb and shocks coming, it's all ordered.
The front shocks (I didn't want to pay proprietary prices,) were found at Car-Quest (not a whole lot cheaper, but just saying.)

It took some time to cross-reference them but the girls got right into it once I told them it was for a golf cart that I'm doing up to haul camping and war equipment (and beer), and they came up with the same or similar double studded shocks as ez-go.
Very conveniently, they are an inch and a half longer in the extended mode and right on in the compressed mode, perfect for the extended leaf springs!

The new springs I mounted last year will come out and fit an idea, (to make a small trailer to haul the rest of the beer,) I'm working on to accommodate more room for hauling, and that would allow me to just use the cart by itself (enemy deer and moose movement recon.)

The rear shocks will be taken out but they are cross bolt mounts top and bottom.
I will be able to match those a lot easier and cheaper.

Your great idea with the raised rear mounts was already done when I put the first lift on the cart when it still belonged to my Nephew.
Obviously then, it is a coil rear, but I am looking into coil-over type shocks with the length of rise I want.
I have an adjustable capacity set that will fit, off one of my vintage bike spares, or maybe even go with a set of air assisted, contained-bag set, like on my Harley and some bigger Metric bikes, if that works, I can then mount those, and adjust the rear for height/weight differences, (more plans brewing on a pickup type deck OR bobbing the rear for the short Jeep type look,)
I'm still trending towards a military type looking vehicle.

I had the cart out again last night (in the driving snow,) after a few beers for courage and mental integrity, making some headway with improvements on the running of the engine and related linkage gear, whooping and hollering in a slightly mind altered but reasonably stable condition.

I'm glad I ordered the new carb as the one that's on it is really no good as wear and tear has absolutely relegated the old carb to "junk" status.

Once I get some progress in on the old girl with the shocks, new carb and extended axle, I'll take more pics and will upload them here.
Stuff will start rolling in around Christmas hopefully, but the two front shocks will arrive here on Tuesday, and the leaf springs on Thursday.)

One thought came up to bob the rear fenders about 8-10 " shorter, with the plastic end caps re-mounted just as they are now but on a slight tilt forward for that faster look, to get rid of (make shorter) the cargo box but still leave a shelf of about 6", so I can still set things on it and haul my bug-out barrel, beer, war equipment, beer, tent, and beer, for those "gotta get outta here moments".
The bobbing part is still only a thought at the moment as I try to come up to making a firm commitment to what exactly I am going to finish up with.

Some (unauthorized) someone did some mod to the cart, because when I took it out on a trial run, it all of a sudden caught on and hauled *ss, and surprised the beer out of me with speed and exelleration that is not quite stock, and not what I remember from the past (nice .)

So... I'll keep you posted as I think you might like what I have in mind, and as re-payment for your kind replies, and also just to keep things in the family for others who might benefit from my own fun with it.

Take care, and best regards, E.Z.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #16
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1423 View Post
You are welcome!
Love the post to gave me a good chuckle! Keep it up!!

The sole in pure form works best and does not harm the rubber, brass, ect.
Removes the white rust on aluminum. Diluted slows it down and adds a white fog to it.

When the floors are washed half a cap leaves a nice fresh pine scent. An open pail is hard on the senses and eye watering.

I soak my stuff in a good sealing ice cream pale. Just make sure its air tight!
I just use plastic containers with holes in them as baskets to hold parts. Old sour cream container ect.
You want to use baskets or at least gloves for it will get dark and hard to see anything.

I use old tooth brushes to scrub things up in the sink.

Takes time. I would on badly gunked carbs let them sit in it over night and then rinse unstick and then soak another night or two.

It works best when heated and i tried using an old crock pot as a heat source.
Cleans in half the time and really makes the cleanup easy! Totally awesome and highly recomend it.
Dont do it!!! Made a toxic pine Forrest hell of my garage.

Well when you boil half a gallon of the stuff things happen. My wife thought she needed to call poison control and between the watering eyes, coughing, and crying about how the paint was surly going to come off the walls left and kept calling me on the phone to make sure i had not passed out offering to send in a hazmat team to rescue me. Also the adamant finger wag that you did something stupid.
Just having an open container is eye watering but a hot boiling cauldron of hell smells like you are an evil chemist from captain planet planning on dissolving a Forrest.

If you can find a crock pot with a rubber sealing lid that would be good.
Ideal would be to find a buddy with no sense of smell and do it at his house..

If the container is open for long periods it also seems to loose potency.

I always wanted an ultrasonic cleaner. That would be ideal if it seals up!!

I have a buddy who swears by a 50 50 mix of sol and antifreeze.
I personally have never tried it. His garage stinks in a sick sweet tree death. Not a pleasant Oder. Pine and hot antifreeze just dont mix omop.

I'm always game to try anything that mere ordinary mortals won't.

I am a firm believer of using inventive behavior that may be detrimental to one's brain or nervous system. (toughens you up)
After all, the military thrives on it and does come up with occasional successes, it's where the useful target zombie came from I believe.

On a more realistic note, and consciously stating that these theories may not always be in the same opinion category which our cool and supportive website supports, fumes and vapors from solvents and caustic fluids may be toxic, (I had to put that in there for politically correct and liability mention,) and alter our humanoid thinking process or nervous system, so...perfect! I'll look into that and research the ins and outs of chemical contamination and possible inebriation caused by said fluids via the MSDS sheets and D.O.T. hazardous materials book.

The fix for chemical contamination of your loyal and caring wife is to give your wife a mask and nitrile gloves and a zoot suit, retain her cell phone and confine her to her favorite domain in the house, and then proceed to experiment with your cleaning solvents and succeed!

There are many ways to clean, etch and prepare or loosen parts, pieces and bodies, and in my lifetime of using things that work but may not exactly be politically correct, I have had a lot of successes with experimenting.

I am definitely going to try this, because if I am going to void the warranty on my body and life support systems by playing with chemicals, I would, in case of making a decision detrimental to my wellbeing and any other negative resulting situation, I would much rather expire in an intense forest atmosphere than a nuclear meltdown, makes sense doesn't it? Thank you for agreeing.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the Pinesol, definitely going to give that a go.

Regards, E.Z.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO