lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
18nascar
Not Yet Wild

Default Dead Batteries

I have had a 1999 Yamaha golf cart for 5 years and never had a problem charging until now. I understand the batteries need to have at least 44volts so the charger knows its hooked up to batteries. My golf cart is totally dead. How do I get it to charge if the charger doesn't see it? Please help! I can't be without my golf cart.

Thanks
18nascar
18nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Dead Batteries

You will have to charge the batteries individually with a 12V auto charger to get them high enough for the charger to kick in. Do not do this very long per battery because your charger is 12V and your batteries are 8V.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

By the way, you do not have to disconnect anything. Just put your charger on one battery at a time. They may be shot if they sat this way for any length of time though.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
18nascar
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I'm charging them now. I will let you know how it works out.
18nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha