lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
Justbilly
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 St express rear shackle problem

Hey guys, need some advice.

I have an 2010 St express 6pass. I bought it maybe 6 months ago and it's been working fine without issues, until recently, I went over a speed bump and the passenger side rear schackle collapsed up.

I started to investigate and besides the bushings are crumbling its seems maybe the previous owner backed into something hard and possibly bent the plate on the frame that the rear shackle is welded to. Maybe .5" maximum, it was hard to notice. But seems it's been pushed forward on that one side.

I don't see any creases in the framing, at least all I can see without removing the body.

Because of this the rear schackle leans at too much of an angle and doesn't bounce back in place.

Only thing I can think of is a slightly shorter leaf spring or a shorter schackle.

There is currently a 4 pack leaf spring on it, are these the heavy duty leafs I see advertised? Are there leafs for the golf carts with more arc that might pull the shackle straighter up/down?

I really not sure how I could safely pull the frame section back without weakening it.

Thanks
Bill
Justbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 St express rear shackle problem

had that happen at the golf course I work at, called EZ Go and they said to use a tree and a chain and do a redneck frame straightening, took 4 jerks but got it back to the point the shackle was the same angle as the other side. the only other way would be to try a body shop or someone that has a Kansas Jack to pull the frame.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO