lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2016, 06:47 AM   #11
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Driven Clutch 1985 Marathon

A little bit of a update. Yesterday I raised the back of the cart, had a friend rev it up and sprayed some WD40 at the crank seals (I had read to do this someplace here) and the engine rev's didn't change any so I'm thinking that's a good thing. So fingers crossed the seals are good yet.

If it ever stops raining here (IF) I'm going to build a bon fire and BBQ the muffler and see what that does.
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2016, 07:47 AM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Dude, if it starts right up, and runs 14 mph, there is nothing wrong with your seals, or your muffler.

It's a clutch problem. You already said that the belt isn't going down in all the way.

There are 3 Philips screws holding the plastic cover on your driven clutch. Take it off, and spray the crap out of everything with PB blaster, or another lube. See what happens then.

It may also be that your belt really is too short. Put it on the drive clutch first. It should drop all the way down to the shaft.
Then work the belt around the frame, and over the driven clutch hub cover. Set the belt on top of the driven clutch, and turn it a bit. The belt should walk right on with no problem, and no tools.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #13
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well that's about my conclusion too that it's the clutch. Like I said I'm going to bbq the muffler and if that doesn't do the trick then go for the clutch. I think about everything thing else that it could be checked has been checked.

Thanks again for the help!
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, driven, power, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO