lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
99cobra2881
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What's the difference besides price? 2pg carb

Just like the title says I look at some golf cart places and they are selling a new carb for my cart for $60 or more and other places on eBay are selling it for $20?

What's the difference besides price?

Carb won't quit leaking gas. Found the pilot screw missing and replaced it but it's still leaking somewhere. So hell with it, time to buy a new carb and be done with it.

It's not leaking from the overflow tube. I'm thinking bowl o-ring or the fiber washer on the screw in the bottom of the bowl is leaking.
99cobra2881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
99cobra2881
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's the difference besides price? 2pg carb

Ordered a cheap carb off amazon. Will see if it helps, if nothing else I can rob parts off it to fix my leaking stock carb.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #3
99cobra2881
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bowl o-ring was the leaking culprit, found a match at my local John Deere dealer where I used to work.

Thought it was the sealing washer on the bowl nut tried that first then removed the carb and put the new o ring on.

New carb is supposed to be here tomorrow. Guess I'll throw it up on the shelf as a spare.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
99cobra2881
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't know why Amazon offers the want it sooner option? Carb was supposed to be here yesterday. Never showed up. Rescheduled for Tuesday. Blow smoke up my *** and make me buy the part thinking it'll be here fast when there was never a chance of it making it to me in two days.

Test drove the cart yesterday and it ran good. Got the throttle cable dialed in because it still occasionally backfired.

Glad I picked up a new bowl o ring. Despite thinking my new carb would be here the next day.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #5
Jamesray
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ebay carb 18 bucks works great no issues.
Jamesray is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO