lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
OGREJAY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Running issues

Not to beat a dead horse but I have some questions on my 1999 EZGO txt. I'm new to the carts but not small engines. Just recently bought our cart and every time we run it we have to choke it. I already adjusted the valves to.004 cold replaced the plugs and fuel and air filter and cleaned the carb. When spray carb cleaner in the carb it starts fine so I pulled the fuel line off and it doesn't seem like there is a lot of pressure so I have a new fuel pump ordered along with a carb and I'm replacing the fuel lines they seem a little soft. Is there any other things I'm missing that I should look at? Also every once and a while when we put it in reverse it still goes forward not sure what to look at there. My local cart place told me the TXT'S are just cold hearted and the choking issue is something I have to live with I can't imagine this is the case at least I hope not. Thanks for any help.
OGREJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
OGREJAY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Running issues

Just a quick update. I replaced the fuel pump and carb and that didn't help at all there was still no fuel going through the filter So I checked something I should've checked right at the start of the issues I removed the gas cap and hit the gas and it ran great. apparently the vent valve in the cap is bad and isn't letting the tank vent. So next question where can I get a new cap at?
OGREJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO