lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #11
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Preparing to start a G1 J10

The green gas makes me think the last person to fill it was using premix rather than the oil injection system. You might want to do the same in case the pump isn't working or was removed.

Rinse the tank out with a little bit of fresh gas at a time until it comes out as clear as it went in.

I'm not familiar with Yamaha carts. The parts that came out might be the fuel pickup tube or similar. Might want to get a parts manual if one of the Yamaha experts here can't help.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2017, 12:10 AM   #12
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahag1cart View Post
Here is the cart as was posted for free on the next-door neighborhood app, then at my house after being towed down the road for $50 by a guy I found on craigslist. It seems to be stuck in gear, which I am still trying to figure it out but how can i put it in "neutral" to where I can roll it around??!!??

Its body was custom painted by original owner to match the Texas A&M colors and a bumper sticker on the back! It was then included with a home purchase, then given to me. As stated, where it was painted in the past as far as I can tell everything looks intact so I am hopeful to keep it that way!
There is no neutral other then not running. This is why the engine runs in 2 directions. Here's a link that shows the transmission broke down to see the insides.

http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamaha-par...5_440_682.html
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #13
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the responses so far everyone! Is anyone else annoyed by the fact the cart can't move unless under power?!

Concerning a couple things about my photos above, is the J10 cart frame grounded? I see in some diagrams the battery negative terminal being grounded at the frame and others where it leads to the solenoids.. It appears that mine was grounded to the frame based on the cable length. Any tips on wiring it to run with 1 solenoid in the forward position?
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #14
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboatjosh View Post
I just cleaned and rebuilt my carb. I got the rebuild kit from amazon for around $6, I highly recommend it. Don't forget to clean the fuel pump also, I think there is a sticky on that. Good luck and let's see some pics.
Could you share a link Jetboat? Also posted a ton of photos :)
Old 11-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
jetboatjosh
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I think you need to remove the belt so you can move it around. I'm not sure how ad a link from my phone but here is a screen shot of what I ordered and it worked great.Screenshot_2017-11-02-16-31-46.jpg
jetboatjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #16
jetboatjosh
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/iFJF-Carburet...+g1+carburetor
jetboatjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #17
BigInchCC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahag1cart View Post
The negative terminal was disconnected from the frame, can anyone shed some light on where it should go?
The negative cable goes from the battery to the chassis under the 1/2" bolt that I have circled in your picture. It's the same bolt that mounts the fender to the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4022_LI.jpg (1.69 MB, 0 views)
BigInchCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #18
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigInchCC View Post
The negative cable goes from the battery to the chassis under the 1/2" bolt that I have circled in your picture. It's the same bolt that mounts the fender to the frame.
Thank you so much Big Inch! That is a huge help. I am step by step getting closer and closer. Ready for the weekend to get here so I can spend some time working on the G1.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:31 AM   #19
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

are you sure the brakes aren't locked up and not the rear end?

service manual
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:55 AM   #20
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

UPDATE: Decided to sell the engine out of the cart in preparation for a swap after realizing that both solenoids are shot. The old 2 stroke is however not seized and also has lots of good parts I have seen people here asking about including the muffler and shroud! Prefer to sell a whole but willing to part. Let me know if you are in need of anything or can think of any one who might be interested.

See post here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...arts-sale.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha