lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
Bob's Cay
Not Yet Wild

Default G 29 Choke

The choke and my 2012 G 29 will not pull out. I seems to be stuck in open position. It has always moved freely. I assume something is bound up because if the cable broke or had become disconnected it should still pull out easily.

Looks like the air intake box has to be removed to access the cable on the carb. Did not have time this weekend to try and remove the box and look at it closely.

Any suggestions on what issue could be and any "easy" fix? Looks like removing the air intake box requires accessing bolts from below (seems like a poor design).

Thanks.
Bob's Cay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: G 29 Choke

Three bolts beneath the box by carb and two behind the box by frame if I recall.
I have a choke setup from an auto parts store. Had to drill a new hole and make it work.
I think that’s why the previous owner changed it out, it prob got stuck or broke.
Here’s what mine looks like

https://www.ebay.com/i/331378543662?...D1357118803512
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The cable end, and guide are "D-shaped", your cable may just be twisted in the guide. Try twisting to free it up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #4
Bob's Cay
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend. Why did Yamaha design it with the bolts underneath? Seems they could have made it much easier.
Bob's Cay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I take mine off I take the two of the carb and leave the elbow attached to the air box
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:55 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can just use one bolt, the easiest one to get to, on the bottom of the carb like I did for a while.
I have a plowmans setup now and the part that goes into the 90* tube is cut off 100% so I put all 3 back for a 100% seal as it’s very easy to have a gap
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:26 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

As Cgtech mentioned the shaft the knob mounts on has a D shape to it. Before you start taking anything else apart, try twisting the knob back and forth a bit. They can get turned a bit and have the flat spot of the holder lined up with a curved part of that shaft. It will jamb them up pretty tight.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:29 AM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The cable end, and guide are "D-shaped", your cable may just be twisted in the guide. Try twisting to free it up.

99.99999999 Percent of the time this is what it is
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha