lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #1
plk1222
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 Carb settings

Just got a new K&N, Main jet and HD Drive belt from CPP in the mail today. What's a good place to set the air screw? Hopefully the new belts helps with the hills when I use it in the pasture
plk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Carb settings

I always start with about 2 turns out and go from there. Kind of like the old carbs on cars. They were always turn all the way in, then 2 1/2 turns out, run, and adjust from there.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
plk1222
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply, should be close to where im at now. the new belt does work really well
plk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plk1222 View Post
Thanks for the reply, should be close to where im at now. the new belt does work really well
Sounds good. A good quality new belt will really change things up quite a bit. I'd keep your old one for a spare if you trail ride with your cart. I used to carry my spare drive and starter belt. Saved my day on top of a mountain at Coal Creek in East TN.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #5
brodykmb
Not Yet Wild

side G2 question... by chance were you having back fire issues resulting in the new carb? I had mine cleaned out and i am still back firing. I wonder if a new carb would help me out is all.
brodykmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodykmb View Post
side G2 question... by chance were you having back fire issues resulting in the new carb? I had mine cleaned out and i am still back firing. I wonder if a new carb would help me out is all.
Air box has to be completely sealed they warp over time get all the rubber straps hooked up and I've had to use gorilla tape around the seam to get them sealed if yours is sealed good make sure the butterfly is closing all the way and make sure the starter kicks on before the butterfly moves 9 timed out of 10 when people have a backfire issues it's caused by one of these issues
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
brodykmb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Air box has to be completely sealed they warp over time get all the rubber straps hooked up and I've had to use gorilla tape around the seam to get them sealed if yours is sealed good make sure the butterfly is closing all the way and make sure the starter kicks on before the butterfly moves 9 timed out of 10 when people have a backfire issues it's caused by one of these issues
Hi there Spicy... I hope you are doing good. Air box is all sealed up. Had the carb cleaned not so long ago. Adjusted it to 2 turns. I still sound like a shotgun.. Not sure if i have the carb set right but maybe it's time for one of those new ones?
brodykmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Make sure the linkage at the carb isn't moving before the motor starts turning over if that checks out with the cart running in nueatral at a constant speed spray some break clean or either at the back of the carb directed at the black spacer they are known to crack if the rpms rise when you do this you've found your problem... As for the cheap Chinese carb they are a last resort in my opinion the only reason you would need one is if the throttle shaft is really loose and allowing air in
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha