lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #1
Mandtra
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 ptv drive2 bogs / slow up hills / weak

I recently purchased a new 2018 Yamaha ptv drive2 . At the dealer I only drove it on a flat surface and it seemed a little slow and maybe a little weak but didn’t think anything about it . After the 4 hour drive home , and driving it a bit , it seems very weak ,with very little low end power .esp compared to my ezgo 48v rxv , With just me on the cart and up a moderate hill it’s very slow to build speed , engine seems to bog and gps shows 9-10 mph .i have not even tried it with another person on it . Governor was adjusted at the dealer and cart on flat road is 20mph , but even up th4 slightest hill it loses speed and starts slowing down . I called the dealer and they mentioned a cable adjustment , but would not explain what that meant .
Mandtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #2
Mandtra
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2018 ptv drive2 bogs / slow up hills / weak

Well I fixed it myself . The cables were all out of wack . So I adjusted the 10mm governor nut to 1” of threads and readjusted both throttle cables . And it’s now a different cart
Mandtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

what adjustments did you make? I just got mine delivered yesterday, it goes about 15-16MPH with just me on it on flat ground (factory setting says it should go 19.5 MPH??), and uphill like you mentioned is really slow, 10-11 MPH...I assume the governor comes already set correctly, but wondering why they say 19.5MPH and I'm getting 25% less than that. I can't imagine putting 3-4 more people on it and going up hill I feel like it would go about 4-5MPH, can't be right. When you say you adjusted the cables, what cables? I know the governor has a 10mm nut to adjust, but again I would think it came correctly adjusted from the dealer. I really only want it to go what factory settings are, I don't want to make it go super fast, just the 19.5 it has on the spec sheet (i'd even take 18 mph). Just curious what adjustments you made before I start screwing around with everything on a brand new cart. Also, I've been looking for how much thread should be showing on the governor from factory...that way I'd know if it was set correct or not but I can't find that anywhere...maybe they don't have a specific amount of thread it should be at I don't know. I see you mention adjusting the throttle cables (how did you do this?) Any info you can give would be great, thanks!

Last edited by sgremp; 05-25-2018 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: clarifying to ask how you adjusted cables
sgremp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

These new Yamaha have a higher speed gear in them like 9.5-1
Good top end but low bottom end grunt.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive, drive2, ptv, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha