lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #11
LBH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yahama 79 G1 Brake Adjustment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
do you know if the whole assembly (backing plate and all) is still available?
Mike.
This is the outfit that sold me the G1 brake pads. They did not show any G1 pads on their web site, yet they had several sets. They have a lot of exploded diagrams for brake back plates (not G1). Here’s https://www.tntgolfcar.com/catalogse...=Yamaha+brakes. I would call them and see if you get lucky. Very helpful folks to deal with.

This another outfit I’m working with. http://www.plowmanscarts.com/parts_g_1.html

All-the-best
Luke
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #12
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Question Re: Yahama 79 G1 Brake Adjustment...

Hey Luke, don't know if this will help, but sometimes we all learn a little from somebody else's conundrums.

This was my effort a couple of years ago: G1 Brakes.

HTH,
Ogre
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #13
LBH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Duplicate post by mistake
Old 08-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #14
LBH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreTX View Post
Hey Luke, don't know if this will help, but sometimes we all learn a little from somebody else's conundrums.

This was my effort a couple of years ago: G1 Brakes.

HTH,
Ogre
Yo Ò!

Great pictures, sadly they don’t apply since mine aren’t self adjusting. I don’t have the “star gear” or the “pop-up” pieces. Those really threw me.

Thanks for taking the time to post.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #15
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Yo Ò!

Great pictures, sadly they don’t apply since mine aren’t self adjusting. I don’t have the “star gear” or the “pop-up” pieces. Those really threw me.

Thanks for taking the time to post.
Yep, you're right Luke. My mistake. That was the work on my '86+ G1.

These are the only two from my '81 G1 (and they don't show much), as I was trying to determine why I was unable to get the shoes to fit. lol They were for a newer model with adjustable star wheel. BTW, I am unable to find my previous source which talked about adjusting the brakes after installing new shoes. From my memory (usually poor), you need to adjust the small square bolt (7mm or 1/4" ... I forget) on the back of the plate 'til the brake drum is stuck, and then loosen several (?) clicks.

The two best sources are smallblock450sl (Dave), and cgtech. They may have the older model maintenance manuals.

Hope this is not too confusing ... or maybe I'm just confused .

Ogre
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewShoes.jpg (172.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg OldShoes.jpg (182.5 KB, 0 views)
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #16
LBH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreTX View Post
Yep, you're right Luke. My mistake. That was the work on my '86+ G1.

These are the only two from my '81 G1 (and they don't show much), as I was trying to determine why I was unable to get the shoes to fit. lol They were for a newer model with adjustable star wheel. BTW, I am unable to find my previous source which talked about adjusting the brakes after installing new shoes. From my memory (usually poor), you need to adjust the small square bolt (7mm or 1/4" ... I forget) on the back of the plate 'til the brake drum is stuck, and then loosen several (?) clicks.

The two best sources are smallblock450sl (Dave), and cgtech. They may have the older model maintenance manuals.

Hope this is not too confusing ... or maybe I'm just confused .

Ogre
That would be them.
I put the brakes on hold for a bit while I try to source a govenor I had a. Tech come over to check things out compression is good fuel pump is good but the oil pump is shot. So I’ll plug the holes and pre mix. I also ordered a new muffler from Plowmans in Flint MI. It won’t have a jet bung for the oil pump

Which brings me to: What is the Gas Oil ratio. I haven’t looked for it yet and thought I’d be lazy. Oh oh oh. Brand and grade of oil PLEASE and thank you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha