lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
techspy
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 carb rebuild kit and fuel system diagram

I have a G16 that I want to refurb a bit. It is hard to start and only stays running if you feather the choke. I plan on cleaning the entire fuel system and would like to rebuild the carb. I can only seem to find the cheap replacement carbs but no rebuild kit. Also, There seems to be some missing hose from the air filter housing to some other device. Any help finding a fuel system diagram and rebuild kit for the carb appreciated. BTW, I have found and downloaded the owners manual but that doesn't have quite the detail I need.

Thanks
techspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Re: G16 carb rebuild kit and fuel system diagram

There should be a rubber hose running from the air filter housing to the valve (rocker) cover. It is not part of the fuel system but rather a crankcase ventilation.

The fuel system is rather simple. Fuel line from fuel tank to fuel pump. Then line from pump to carb.

There is another rubber line from the engine port below the air filter housing that runs to the pump. It is a pulse line to run the pump. The pulse line does not flow fuel. The pulse (air) operates the diaphragm in the pump that in turn flows the fuel from the tank, through the pump and to the carb..

Sorry for sounding so basic but not sure of your understanding of the system.

As far as a carb rebuild kit, I am not sure. You could always order one of the chinese carbs and use parts from it to rebuild your factory carb.

If you are having to 'feather' the choke, it sounds as if your carb (likely the jet) has a restriction and is not flowing ample fuel causing a 'lean' condition.
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
techspy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, yeah it is the crankcase hose. I guess I will just pull the fuel system apart and do a deep clean. Maybe I don't need a rebuild kit. Just find it strange that I can find rebuild kits for other models but none for the G16.

Thanks again.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Not much to rebuild since these carbs don't really have an idle circuit. Quite simple, really. The only part you may need to replace is the bowl gaskets. Just clean it really well with carb cleaner and blow it out with compressed.air and you'll be fine.

Personally, I like to use an ultrasonic cleaner filled with carb cleaner, but that's only usually necessary if it's really nasty.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #5
techspy
Not Yet Wild

Cool, thanks for the info.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:21 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yamaha doesn't offer a "kit", each piece is sold individually.

https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog/lines/golfcar
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha