lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
jacobsond
Getting Wild

Default school me on primary

G9 yamaha. The outside of primary clutch wiggles some (actually a lot). I think thats where my little knocking noise is coming from. Any replacement of what I assume may be bushings on that shaft or do we just replace the clutch. We use the cart to just putt around town. No hill climbing or off road stuff. Just a nice stock cart.
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: school me on primary

What kind of condition are the sheaves in on the clutch?

If the sheaves (inside part of the clutch where the belt goes) are wavy, just replace the clutch.

IF they are straight (they should be flat as a ruler) then rebuilding may be an option depending on your personal mechanical ability.

I would remove the clutch first, (use a puller tool!!!) and take off the outer cover. Should be pretty obvious what's broken inside there. If it's just bushings/roller weights that are clunking around, then it's rebuildable. If any part of the spider is cracked or broken, then rebuilding would probably be cost prohibitive. a new clutch really isn't all that expensive. The OEM parts to rebuild your 30 year old clutch would probably cost more than a new aftermarket clutch.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha