lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
Gonfishun
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 6-6 volt vs 6-8 volt vs 4-12 volt batteries

Thanks,
didn't mean to hijack the thread, just ask in simpler means.
I too was wondering.
Gonfishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
gaston
Gone Wild

To get back to subject here...
Roady said well, as more lead you have, longer runtime, this is a long explained subject on the forum, so if you read the forum and do searches, you'll probably will find this info was posted 123456790 times already... jus sayin...
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I do a couple of electric golf rebuilds a year just for something to do plus help friends if they furnish the Corona. Anything prior to about '96 will be 6 X 6V next few years same plus 6 X 8v later now some were trying 4 X 12v. Those haven't gone over too well with the golf courses. With used carts 6X6 will work fine for golf and are less expense than the 8V. I live in Spokane Valley. And craig's list show several carts available in the area. If I can help in anyway send me a PM and I will send phone #.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Voltage is commonly used as a short name for electrical potential difference... not to be confused with amperage.
Ampere is a measure of the amount of electric charge passing a given point per unit of time.
So while your Golf Cart may run on 48 volts it uses Amperes to run... Amperes or Amps are a consumable good... this is what the charger puts in, the batteries store, and the motor consumes

Lead is used in all GC batteries to store Amperes ..... Simply put the more lead you have , the more amperes or consumable energy you can store.

Looking at Trojan batteries :
Four 12v (48 volts) weight 328 pounds (All #s rounded off = approx)
six 8 volt (48 volts) weight 384 pounds
The difference is 56 pounds of lead or approximately 15% more amp storage capacity.
The difference between 90 minutes of run time and 75 minutes ( actual peddle time )

Hope this clears some of this up?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Voltage is commonly used as a short name for electrical potential difference... not to be confused with amperage.
Ampere is a measure of the amount of electric charge passing a given point per unit of time.
So while your Golf Cart may run on 48 volts it uses Amperes to run... Amperes or Amps are a consumable good... this is what the charger puts in, the batteries store, and the motor consumes

Lead is used in all GC batteries to store Amperes ..... Simply put the more lead you have , the more amperes or consumable energy you can store.

Looking at Trojan batteries :
Four 12v (48 volts) weight 328 pounds (All #s rounded off = approx)
six 8 volt (48 volts) weight 384 pounds
The difference is 56 pounds of lead or approximately 15% more amp storage capacity.
The difference between 90 minutes of run time and 75 minutes ( actual peddle time )

Hope this clears some of this up?
Thanks Scotty! Myself, with downloading batteries...6-8volt's new fully charged -105 minutes, 4-12 volt's new fully charged -85 minutes. Thats a wopping differance. I wish they would all go back to 6 or 8 volt battery sets.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Dave that is close to 20% run time difference! Real life experience
You can't find better info on the internet than this
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #17
cewillis
Not Yet Wild

I have 4 135AH AGM 12v batteries in my club car, with a big D&D motor, and Alltrex 650a controller.
I agree that 6- 8v batteries should have more AH storage at 48v, and 6 - 6v even more AH at 36v, but in practice have a completely satisfactory range for me. (and I have an alternate use for the batteries when I'm not using the cart) So it depends more on your planned usage, than actual difference in AHs, imo.
cewillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha