lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
Txkyot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Tach Installation

Purchased a tach for my '05 gas C/C. Can't get the thing to work per the instructions. Has anyone have any details or pictures on how to make it work?
Txkyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tach Installation

What tach did you get?

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

the kind that doesnt work like it told too!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you sure you got the correct model for your 2 or 4 stroke and # of cylinders?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
07clubcar
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thumbs down Re: Tach Installation

your not the only one who has had problems i tryed putting one on my precedent and it dont work we had to send it back very very VERY disappointed with cartspartsplus for that because we called the company who makes the tach and said it wasnt made and wont work on a golf cart.
07clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07clubcar View Post
your not the only one who has had problems i tryed putting one on my precedent and it dont work we had to send it back very very VERY disappointed with cartspartsplus for that because we called the company who makes the tach and said it wasnt made and wont work on a golf cart.
What did CPP say when you called them about the problem you were having? My guess is you both have either the bought the wrong product or you do not know how to install what you have and can't follow directions. How much tach installation experience do you have? CPP does not sell parts that are not applicable for golf carts. It doesn't sound like you have called CPP to ask about the trouble you are having installing the tachometer? Otherwise you would be telling us how hard they have worked to correct the problem you are having ordering the correct part or installing it..... I am very disappointed in you
Old 11-28-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
kinder
Getting Wild

Club Car

You got that right scottyb. All it takes is a phone call. Needed something from Mikes and had trouble with computer but did not give up just gave him a call. Them guys know their stuff.
kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
Txkyot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Purchased the tach from CPP and it is a model # 8068. I think I read the instructions right, but I could have made a mistake. I have not talked to Tom or anyone at CPP on how to PROPERLY install the tach. I don't see a coil on the golf cart, so I connected it to the spark plug wire. Hooked the red wire to the the small post on the solenoid and the black to a ground wire....
Any thoughts scottyb??
Txkyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txkyot View Post
Purchased the tach from CPP and it is a model # 8068. I think I read the instructions right, but I could have made a mistake. I have not talked to Tom or anyone at CPP on how to PROPERLY install the tach. I don't see a coil on the golf cart, so I connected it to the spark plug wire. Hooked the red wire to the the small post on the solenoid and the black to a ground wire....
Any thoughts scottyb??
Yep. Call Tom @ CPP He will guide you thru the install I have not used that tach so I can not advise you on the install... maybe another member can help?
Old 11-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I have the same tach. I had it working on my stock Yamaha, stock ez-go motors and now on my BB.
It's a good tach and will work on almost any motor.
Have you set the number of cylinders per the instructions?
There is a trouble shooting section in the directions, and there is also support at the Eqqus site.

I suspect that if you are dissapointed with CPP that you never did talk with them about the trouble your having.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car