lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: School Project - How Does The Motor Work???

Thats not exactly what I said. You mis-understood and made assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420
Electromagnetic field are marginally less efficient than a permanent magnet,
This is false, In fact if it were golf car manufacturers would be building golf cars with perm mag motors.

Quote:
In fact, the outer magnetic field is created by coils of wire arranged in a series
In fact the feild is wired in series with the armature.

Quote:
Therefore, the motor can go forwards or reverse without changing the current running through the main armature.
This is false. In fact the feild and armature are wired in series and the polarity of both is switched.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #12
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Roady gets an A+
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #13
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: School Project - How Does The Motor Work???

I thank you for your help, but yes, eletrcomagnets are less efficient, its just that they are ALOT cheaper and therefore make up for it... My physics teacher agreed with me, in fact, hes the one who told me that the electro-magnets are inefficient...

THANKS!!!

I would give you an A+ too... LOL
Old 04-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

You are taking the conversation out of context. They are only less efficiant because they use power to create a feild where as permanent magnet motors do not....so in theory they "may" be more efficiant but are not practical and useless in a golf car motor. Why, because of the start-up power needed to get moving using a perm mag motor and the size of a magnet needed to produce the same feild as an electromagnet. The permanent magnets physical size and weight alone would stop you from using it in a cart motor. Go ahead and modify a golf car motor with permanent magnets and see what happens.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #15
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

??? Modify a cart motor? Are you crazy, I can barely wire the control system right let alone even dare to pull a motor apart... I was just trying to figure out how they work for theoretical purposes... Calm down man, calm down...

Thanks for helping!!!, I think I got a good enough answer to be able to bs the rest of the way through it!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

"... Modify a cart motor? Are you crazy, I can barely wire the control system right let alone ...
...Thanks for helping!!!, I think I got a good enough answer to be able to bs the rest of the way through it!!!"

I think you have hit the nail on the head.... You are frustrating us as we watch you merely BS ing your way thru GC 101.
Which is fine as long as you are not trying to educate others with your BS.
(how to videos?)
I know you want to help others but you just do not have the tools and knowledge yet to be helping others repair their carts. These skills take a some time to develope.
Please sit down,
Shut up.
And Listen.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What I have to say , I am going to say publicly, since roady has decided to let you back in. A not so wise decision in my opinion, especially so soon. So that your having been banned for running your mouth and showing absolutely No respect has been only a scare and no real punishment at all....
As far as your accusation that we here are merely typing and not working on carts. I say Bullstuff.
Many actively posting members have many carts they have built or are working on. I for one have 4 in the yard and 1 at a friends house. They are gas and electrics. All were purchased as projects. I am relatively new to carts but have been wrenching and fabricating in many mediums for 35 yrs.
As to your accusation that we are not here being helpful. Well that is just ridiculous. Anyway, I forgot the rest of your insults.... and that ...is just as well. scottyb
Old 04-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Publicly, you can't read...

My main argument was that you have no right to put down on others, I know everyone here has there own carts, but you can't learn anything difficult through text, only through visual (or hands-on) instruction...

You had no right to dis me for asking a simple queston for some random school project...

I would never dis anyone who didn't deserve it, and so far, you are the only person on this forum who doesn't have any respect for others threads...

Example. Your tag game with that one guy... (that got two of my posts)

W/E

I was let back in "so early" because I was not given a warning... And, its not my fault that the language filters are faulty, searching for whitespaces instead of just word strings and algorithyms...

So yeah, you misuderstood my anger, you have no right to dis anyone, wether its a stupid question or not...
Old 04-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's alright dude, I think you misunderstood ...so don't worry about it I'm over it, gd luck with your cart! Rivet.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I'm fixing to delete this whole thread and maybe an account. There is no reason to continue this argument and keep the crap going.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO