lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
colonel_biggs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default No response at accelerator pedal

I have a Club Car Power Drive 2 (Model 22110; 48v). When turning on the ignition/power switch, the headlights come on, as normal. In moving to the reverse position, the warning buzzer sounds, as it should. However, when pressing down on the accelerator pedal, there is no response. Each of the batteries shows a voltage reading of 8v, and they apper to be in a charged state, according to the battery charger.

The vehicle is not used extensively. Is there a way to test whether I have a burned out motor, or some other malfunction? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Gordon
Houston, Texas
colonel_biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No response at accelerator pedal

If the solenoid is not clicking, your problem could be as simple as a failed micro switch at the F&R switch ... what is the serial #?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i don,t know that i would worry about the motor, as scotty said it could be a simple micro switch or a bad soleniod.........what are your battery readings exactly.......if only 8 volts thats a little low but cart should still run so check the micro and if its good jump the large posts on soleniod see if cart runs..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
colonel_biggs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks to both of you for the rapid responses. Please excuse my delay. This was my first post, and when I went to log back in, the system chose not to recognize me! Hopefully, we're squared away now.

Unfortunately, the cart is located down in Galveston, and I'm now in Houston. But, I will be down there later this week, and I will pull off the serial number.

I believe that I will need it also to download an Owner's Manual from the Club Car site, although that may be wishful thinking on my part. I was hoping that it might contain a wiring diagram. I am in to restoring Model "A" Fords, but I have never had the pleasure of working on a golf cart.

I presume that I should attempt to jump the solenoid before replacing the R/F switch (I presume that the micro referenced is a part of the switch). Is there a source that is better than any other for buying replacement parts?

I may very well have misquoted the battery voltages. I was moving at a rapid pace to determine if I could locate a shorted situation, and the voltage may well have been closer to 10v.

Regards,

Gordon
Old 05-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome, get the service manual thats where all your daigrams will be, if its a micro swtich no need to replace the whole F&R just the 5 dollar micro........if its the soleniod replace just that, get yourself a good voltage meter if your doing your own testing and repairs it wuill come in very handy...................................
Old 05-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
colonel_biggs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not yet having the service manual (nor a wiring diagram), can I presume that the micro switch is easily identifiable, relative to the R/F switch itself, which stands out in its own right?

I presume that I will have to jack up the rear to get to the solenoid for jumping purposes.

Gordon
Old 05-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

micro switches are little black square and have a silver arm that moves up and down a tad also have 2 or 3 16 gage wires plugged into them..........yes you should be able to identify it and yes jack the rear up so if you jump the soleniod the cart dosn,t take off on you as you,ll need to put it in gearv and press the pedal just watch to see if wheels spin.........make sure you put key on..............................
Old 05-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
colonel_biggs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Gracias, senor. I will report back when I am down in Galveston later this week.

Is it necessaray to purchase Club Car replacement parts ( I don't have a dealer near me), or is there a dependable online source?

Gordon
Old 05-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can get your parts at any site sponsers here.....check with scottyB here i,m sure he,ll do you right and no i have never even met him but his reputation speaks for itself.............................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car