lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #31
mastro22
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO 2 Cycle dies unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Ok that is very cool. What I suggest you do is connect your multimeter to the battery and switch to 20 volts DC (or auto DC if it has that feature) Now go for a ride and observe the battery voltage. If all is well you should see ~ 15 volts. What may have happened (as has happened to many others) is that the regulator has died and the generator is pumping out 18 volts. This causes the ignitor to overheat and after some time it will shut down. As it cools it cheers up and allows you to continue your journey until it get hot and bothered again. Now I am not saying that is your issue but it is an easy test to make and if it is not the regulator we can move forward.

Dave
Okay finally did it. When the multimeter is connected and not running display shows 12.75. HOwever when it ran the multimeter didnt have a set number but was flying all over from -1 to 19. But mostly was ranging from 16 - 19. What does this mean
mastro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #32
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

It probably means that you did not have a good contact with your meter leads. That said it is possibly a ground fault. Follow the negative cable from your battery to the chassis and undo the nut now clean the chassis to bare metal and also clean the cable lugs. Now bolt it all together. There should be three wires there, one from the battery, one to the F R switch and one to the engine block (this one is important). With those clean connect the meter to the battery again, jack up the back end and gently rev the engine up to a brisk tickover. What do you see on the voltmeter?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #33
sdg8569
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm having the same issue my battery dies and its the same with the voltage fluctuation when the cart is running. I'll double check the grounds but I'm thinking the voltage regulator is the problem. I ordered a new one today so time will tell
sdg8569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #34
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I gave up and sold the golf cart to someone that thought they were smarter than me. Watch for someone with a new thread telling you the same thing.
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #35
tykuhn
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I gave up and sold it to someone else and furnished this thread for his review.
tykuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO