lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
srlewis76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Arrow 2011 txt (kawasaki) assist and suggest

Do all 2011 ezgo txt gas have the 13 hp motor (is that motor the 400 as well). I apologize in advance for my ignorance...new to carts. Can anyone suggest some upgrades I may want? I love speed and torque. Cart has 5 inch lift 8x11x22 tires (probably not that order).Cart has brush guard, front wire basket, short roof with curtains (came on it), rear seat, green in color with tan seats... think I got a steal for $3100. Back tire is wobbling guessing axle, tire or rim? Would anyone suggest upgrading to K&N air filter or is it a waste? I have adjusted the throttle cable to just before the rev limiter (21-22mph). I want the motor reliable but to it's limit (i guess like most). I need to install a trailer hitch to move my boat if thats possible (from driveway to garage outback on flat ground). I took it through some pretty thick bamboo some up to 2 inch think mowed most down and wheelied up on others (so much fun). I have read through the posts and not being sure what I have makes it difficult. I may do some of the simple work myself but ore than likely save up to get it how I want. Try to get some pics up soon. Thanks in advance!
srlewis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 txt (kawasaki) assist and suggest

It should be the Kawasaki, a one cylinder. If you want it quicker you've got to adjust the governor.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
srlewis76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I adjusted the throttle to the point just before the rev limiter. Does adjusting the governor increase the rev limiter, if so what is the safe maximum?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
abumpa
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlewis76 View Post
I need to install a trailer hitch to move my boat if thats possible (from driveway to garage outback on flat ground).
Here is a link to a thread I posted about modifications to my cart. One of those is a trailer hitch. Hope it helps.

I don’t use my cart much for towing as I have tractors for that but I just wanted the option to do so. It works fine and towed the trailer shown in the photo just fine.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...tions-txt.html

abumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
srlewis76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by abumpa View Post
Here is a link to a thread I posted about modifications to my cart. One of those is a trailer hitch. Hope it helps.

I don’t use my cart much for towing as I have tractors for that but I just wanted the option to do so. It works fine and towed the trailer shown in the photo just fine.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...tions-txt.html

Looks Good, hoping it will support boat tongue weight 185 sport sea ray...just to transfer around back of house for storage. Thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlewis76 View Post
I adjusted the throttle to the point just before the rev limiter. Does adjusting the governor increase the rev limiter, if so what is the safe maximum?
The governor pulls back on the throttle when the cart reaches a certain speed, if you adjust it it won't come in until a higher or lower speed, depending on how you adjust it.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
srlewis76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How do I adjust it to its peak rpm without damaging the motor or trans?
Old 10-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

The governor is on the differential, remove the access panel and adjust it until you get the speed to where you want.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
srlewis76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
The governor is on the differential, remove the access panel and adjust it until you get the speed to where you want.
Does anyone have photos? I found the plate that says do not adjust; however I'm not sure what to do from there.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

you remove the plate, then the governor will be under there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO