lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
combustionmark
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Sugestions before reassembling FE350

I have picked up a 97 ds club car, gas FE350, 4 passenger with a dump bed, on the cheep. Has some issues.

I have disassembled the FE350, with only 2000 hours on it. It sounded like it had a bad rod, really bad knocking noise.

To my surprise every thing looks good, used calipers and micrometers on all parts. So I started looking around this site, and found out this is normal noise.

Before I started reassembling I thought I should ask if there is any way to quiet this thing down? and What is making all that noise?
combustionmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
combustionmark
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Sugestions before reassembling FE350

Reassembled motor and ran it around for the day. Everything works ok, but couldn't get past how loud this motor is. Decided to take it apart and recheck things.

One part that I didn't check the pto side balancer link rod. It is pressed on, and the one on the other side was ok.

Pressed off the timing gear and measured the pto side link rod. Big end measures 50.32mm, with a service limit of 50.106mm. I think this must be the reason for the loud knocking. The crankshaft journal measures 49.94mm, with a service limit of 49.924mm, OK.

I installed the good link rod from the other side and now looking for a replacement for the bad one.

For a FE350, I think the part number is 101745701. Is this the correct part number? Does $130.80 sound right? Can I get away with replacing only the bad one?

Thanks
combustionmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car