lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
eagle mtn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax DCX400 PDS Installed On 06 TXT PDS

YUP, Originally When I Put In The Red Freedom Chip,It Increased My Speed To 18MPH BUT,I Lost Some Torque & Still Retained SOME Regenerative Braking Which Is Now Totally Gone With The Alltrax.
eagle mtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
dereckbc
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mtn View Post
YUP, Originally When I Put In The Red Freedom Chip,It Increased My Speed To 18MPH BUT,I Lost Some Torque & Still Retained SOME Regenerative Braking Which Is Now Totally Gone With The Alltrax.
Somehow loosing the Regen doesn't sound like a good thing too me. Otherwise you just as well have a series motor.
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
eagle mtn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

11-17-08 Hi, I Hope I Corrected The Fuse Installation Snafu,That I Created.I Installed The Fuse On The CONTROLLER B-Bar VS Installing It On The Battery String,For No Particular Reason Other Than It Looked Easier.The Alltrax Fuse Installation Guide Showed It Either Or.Hopefully This Is Done Deal,The Cart Runs Great.Thanks All For The Help & Guidence,You Guys Are Awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (74.6 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (25.1 KB, 76 views)
Old 11-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #14
jus_crzn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I would also upgrade your coil to a 200amp one. The stock 70amp one will run verry hot. This is also in the altrax manual.
I used a WR586.
jus_crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
eagle mtn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JUS CRZN, When I Bought The Controller,They Asked A Lot Of Questions For The Programming They Did. Because The Cart Is Stock,Not LIFTED I Was Told That A HD Solenoid Was Not Needed. I Went With The 4ga Wires & Probably Will Go For A 200 Amp.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #16
jus_crzn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The coil will be the weakest link. You will have a 400 amp controller pushing through a 70 amp coil. I have done many runs with my laptop hooked up to my cart, and on flat ground the dcx400 runs about 160-240amps. On the offroad trails I have seen as hight as 525amps. Its like a v8 engine with the exshaust from a 4cylinder.
jus_crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Butch5220
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I want this post to work for me too. Please comment. 20% more torque and 24 MPH on a stock 06 PDS with an Alltrax DCX400.
I have an 06 PDS and have contacted both EV Drives and Alltrax. Both say that without some other change besides 4 AWG wires the 24 MPH is not likely.
Has anyone else experienced this much gain with just the controller change? My credit card is ready.
Thanks
Butch5220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #18
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

my 05pds with 400a alltrax is much faster than the speed chip, way more torque. the motor to controller wires will already be 4ga. upgrading all the others is a no brainer. Why would that stop you? it is much easier than installing the controller. I have never gps'ed my speed but it goes faster than I need. If i had kids I would have to figure out a way to govern.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I put the 400DCX into a PDS cart last week it GPSed at 20 mph on the flats and 17 uphill on stock tires and wheels.

To everyone who is running over to EV for controllers,
I would like to offer price matching on controllers and solenoids. Let's keep BGW supporting Sponsors online...Apples 2 Apples, they charge extra for the PDS wire harness adapter. The controller comes with the adapter from the Alltrax factory but, EV shows a lower price and charges extra for the harness.... You will need it. Scottyb
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
webster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds good to me!!
webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO