lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
ryanjap33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2Cycle Generator/Starter Bracket

I know this is a common issue with the 2pg 244cc 2 cycle engines, but does anyone know of a resolution to keep the generator mounts from cracking?

Part of the aluminum casting for my engine block broke initially and I had it carefully welded. Upon recent inspection, one of the ears on the generator has completely cracked off.

Any pictures or tips on how to prevent and fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
ryanjap33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2Cycle Generator/Starter Bracket

Once you get it repaired, look closely at the engine isolation mounts. Those engines have a ton of vibration and if the mounts are worn out cracking of different components can occur. Mine kept cracking the exhaust stack until I had the engine mounts repaired.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
ryanjap33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you be more specific?

My engine has thee or four bolts on each side attaching it to the frame (near the spark plug on driver side and under the carb on pass. side). There are no isolation dampers in these two areas. Is this where the isolators should be?

Or does the engine have a cradle that the motor sits in and isolators are between engine cradela nd frame?
Old 02-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I believe on the 2 pg there should be bushings on the cradle to frame mounts. I have been looking for an exploded diagram of the cradle and engine mounts but cannot seem to locate one.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:05 PM   #5
ryanjap33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The mounts looked good...

The motor cradle brackets that attached to the round part of the main frame or "swing arm" looked good. The rubber isn't cracked and it was pliable. However, they were packed with dirt which I cleaned out.

However, I did realize that my cart is missing one of the three generator/starter attachment points. I have an add on bracket in the front which (shown on attached picture) that I rigged from and automotive bracket, but it uses one of the long bolts that hold the starter/generator together and I would prefer to not use that bolt.

Can anyone post a pic of what this broken bracket looks like so I can fab one?

It's the steel one on the driven clutch side of the motor in the rear of the engine and mount on top of the cylinder head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150401_204809[1].jpg (252.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

That's an 88. I don't have any pics of the setup on the 88 I worked on for a guy at camp, can't remember what the adjustment bracket looked like either. These specifically had extra HP though, and were known for cracking the mounts.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO