lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas GXT804D Truck

Just wanted to know if any one knew what size engine is in this cart. Cart will run good for 15 minutes and then sputter like it is losing fuel and will not restart. Starter works and has spark but will not restart. I can take starting fluid and get it to start but i do not want to do that to much. Cart backfires throught the air filter. I am going to clean the carb next just wanted advice.

IMAG0907.jpg
Just in case picture did not come through
Name plate says

weight 940lb 426kg
capacity 1000 lb 455kg
model 804d

serial - a52336
manufacture code - j2497
EKOSMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas GXT804D Truck

it's starting fluid will get it going again. it sounds like a possible vapor lock on the fuel line. however I bet the carburetor needs a good cleaning
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #3
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

I agree with you about the carb needing cleaned. The cart sat for a year. Replaced all of the fuel lines and put new plugs in it. Any idea on what size the engine is? Can not find a plate anywhere. The body is all diamond plate with a bed on the back.
EKOSMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
TheMaverick
Not Yet Wild

I can narrow it down to the 295cc Robin or the 350cc, but I don't have enough info to know for sure. It's more than likely a 295cc which was the more common of the two. I have an 804Truck with the 295cc. From my own experience and from what you have described it sounds like we have had some similar issues with this engine. I believe a valve adjustment is your most likely solution. Hope you get it running great soon!
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO