lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default motor cooling

Has any one done any thing to help keep the motor compartment cooler on there carts my 89 seems to get very hot the seat pan that was on it was about 3 inches short on the back when I bought the cart I made one that fit right now it seams to be getting to hot
Charles M is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
my1423
Gone Wild

Default Re: motor cooling

Friend of mine coated the whole engine compartment and seat bottom in the aluminum heat shielding wrap stuff they sell at napa auto. Also plain aluminum foil on muffler, fuel lines and tank.
Did a lot but the engine still got warm. It gets in the 120 range out here.
Had better results adding a small car radiator fan to the drivers side inside under the seat. He then used a hole saw and cut a bunch of holes then covered them with the chrome grill from a shopping cart. Tied into the solenoid for the stater gen so it only runs when the engine runs.
Engine and muffler runs cooler but also acts to cool your legs.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Would like to see some pic's I covered the bottom of the seat with the foil faced insulation that helped with the seat getting hot have been thinking about putting a 4 inch muffin fan on the side where the oil tank was with some kind of grill to pull air in the side and wrapping the muffler
Charles M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Check out this thread...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...mpartment.html
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO