lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 Club Car Carryall 2, need lift and tires/wheels

I've got a '99 carryall 2 that I use extensively around the yard as a utility cart. My suspension bushings are shot and need to be replaced. I think this would be a good time to add a lift and some wheels/tires.

If I don't want to lose any of the payload (or towing capacity) of the stock cart, what is the best suspension lift and wheel size to go with?

Can anyone post pics of their setup with their lift/wheel size?

Thanks guys
Tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 99 Club Car Carryall 2, need lift and tires/wheels

You won't lose any payload capacity with lift. Some carry all 2's already have heavy duty leaf springs so all your doing is adding lift blocks with longer u bolts and moving your leafs on top of the axle instead of underneath. I run the Jakes long travel but i mainly use my cart for trail riding and off road adventures. If your going to use as a work cart around the house I would recommend a 6" spindle lift with a 22" tire and a 10" wheel.
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

This cart belongs to a friend of mine... Jakes spindle lift with 22x11x8 cheng shin 2ply tires on 8" aluminum wheels in the front and 25x12x9 on the rear. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #4
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

My thinking is in line with Larry's. If you are buying new, you have freedom to act on your research. Remember that taller tires generally mean less pulling power and higher top speed. If I wasn't a hillbilly with a welder and big wheels/tires in the barn, I would have limited it to 22s with the little FE290 engine. My DS has approx 27.5 inch tire height on the drive wheels, and it doesn't tow my project cars around the yard like it did with the stock 12s.. Mike
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #5
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by compmikey View Post
My thinking is in line with Larry's. If you are buying new, you have freedom to act on your research. Remember that taller tires generally mean less pulling power and higher top speed. If I wasn't a hillbilly with a welder and big wheels/tires in the barn, I would have limited it to 22s with the little FE290 engine. My DS has approx 27.5 inch tire height on the drive wheels, and it doesn't tow my project cars around the yard like it did with the stock 12s.. Mike
Yes definitely go with 22x11x8 if you load cart and tow... Our carts use 25" tires for speed and they still climb hills pretty well but ain't nothing but a cooler in the back!! Lol
Old 12-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #6
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

OK so based on forum input and a quick call to Jakes it looks like a 6" lift is in order along with a set of 22" tall tires on ~10" wheels.

What is a popular 22" tire with some moderately aggressive tread that will hold up to the weight of a loaded Carryall?
Old 12-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Whoops... Rim and tire width needed front and rear????
Old 12-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

Maybe 10x7" wheel and 22x11x10 tires...just pick something that grabs Ya!
Old 01-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #9
DKB
Not Yet Wild

I just replaced the 22"X11" tires on my carryall with 24"x 9.5" tires on 10" rims. The cart has a 6" lift kit. I have found these 24" tires to be the perfect size and noticed a slight increase in speed over the 22" tires with no decrease in acceleration. 11 wide tires on these carts is too much and serves no purpose, so I would stay with 9.5" wide tires
DKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #10
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

DKB, great info thank you.

Care to share a pic or two?

Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car