lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
roy63
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default What lift kit should I use?

I just bought a 2000 Carryall 6 that was converted to a Transporter 6 with 1100 hrs on it. The dealer I bought the cart at in GA suggested that I stay away from a spindle kit and go for the z bar set up that Club Car offers. He stated that the Jakes kit will cause my front end to wander and just cause the cart to drive bad. they told me that the factory kit would maintain all of the factory geometry and I would still be able to use all the stock front end parts that can be easily located from any dealer and many vendors. This cart drives amazing has a nice tight steering.

I am not worried about cutting the frame because I could just make new flat stock if I wanted to remove the lift. I have seen the Jakes Z lift and it doesn't come with the HD rear springs like the factory kit does. With the Transporter being a work horse wouldn't it already have HD springs on the rear?

The spindle kits seem to be everywhere and are not to expensive. The cart will be driven on dirt roads and a sand environment along the Chesapeake bay in VA. The roads can be rough at times and I am looking at putting on some larger than stock all terrain tires on a 10" wheel.

Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carryall.jpg (100.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart ca.jpg (85.0 KB, 0 views)
roy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2015, 06:08 AM   #2
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What lift kit should I use?

Subscribed. As someone who is about to do a lift kit/wheels on a "normal" carryall 2, I'm interested in the responses about how the cart will drive post-lift.
Tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #3
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

I personally dont like the z lift or the spindle lifts. Yes, there is people who do fine with both lifts. I hate the idea of cutting the frame for the z lift and the spindle lift looks like it will fold over if you hit a bump. The only reason i would consider a z lift is if you have factory front brakes You want to keep.

I have bought the allsport super sport 6" a arms setup and the "cheap" nivel ebay 6" a arm lift. The allsports lift is constructed very well, didnt require any BS to make it fit and drives great. The cheap ebay nivel lift is a hunk of crap and needs mods and extra work to make it fit and be safe. After fixing the "cheap" lift, i would have been better off paying more for the allsport super sport.

Another option is if you can fabricate, sticking the front suspension from a 4 wheeler on it. Then you get long travel, real independednt movement and disk brakes if so equipped.
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
roy63
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL View Post
I personally dont like the z lift or the spindle lifts. Yes, there is people who do fine with both lifts. I hate the idea of cutting the frame for the z lift and the spindle lift looks like it will fold over if you hit a bump. The only reason i would consider a z lift is if you have factory front brakes You want to keep.

I have bought the allsport super sport 6" a arms setup and the "cheap" nivel ebay 6" a arm lift. The allsports lift is constructed very well, didnt require any BS to make it fit and drives great. The cheap ebay nivel lift is a hunk of crap and needs mods and extra work to make it fit and be safe. After fixing the "cheap" lift, i would have been better off paying more for the allsport super sport.

Another option is if you can fabricate, sticking the front suspension from a 4 wheeler on it. Then you get long travel, real independednt movement and disk brakes if so equipped.
TJI thanks, I am looking to keep the front brakes on my cart, I am thinking about the Z lift but am not sure on the Jakes or the factory kit from CC, I would like to use a 22" tall tire and I think I have read that they will fit on to a cart with a 4" lift.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

4" should clear 22's. I have 6" lift with 22's and there is plenty of room. Thats on my 96 carryall 1.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
roy63
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

so a 22-11 x 12 would fit also I do believe then under 4" lift as well.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #7
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would think so. Someone on here has probably done it.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

My Lynx came from the factory with a 4" Z lift and 22"s, so YES... they'll clear!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:43 PM   #9
roy63
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL View Post

TJL, I thought about something, If I ditched the front breaks I would need to convert over to a different hub and bearings wouldn't I?
Old 12-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #10
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Probably. You can get just the hubs/bearings from a standard club car for a reasonable price. And if you wanted to sell your factory brake parts you could probably do so easy. But, myself having only had the normal rear drum carts, id have to guess front brakes would be pretty good to have. Im going to swap a 4 wheeler front end over on my carryall and will be keeping the disc front brakes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car