lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
Boosted1200
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Slow acceleration after controller upgrade. Reverse seems peppy.

I just went out and switched f1 and f2 now my switch is backwards. Fwd isbrear and rear is fwd and reverse is still a lot faster. Hmmmmm
Boosted1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #12
JPRITCH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted1200 View Post
I just went out and switched f1 and f2 now my switch is backwards. Fwd isbrear and rear is fwd and reverse is still a lot faster. Hmmmmm

From my experience it's a relativity issue. Mark off a set distance on the ground, say 100 yards, then time it forwards and backwards. You may be surprised at the results. The perceived suspension travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JPRITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #13
JPRITCH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Not sure why it posted.... anyhow, the perceived suspension travel and the inherent instability going backwards makes it feel much faster. Especially when your tires "peel out" going backwards due to the weight shifting to the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JPRITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you push there is one component of force that adds to the weight of the body and hence there is more friction. When you pull the vertical component of force is against the weight of body and hence there is less overall friction. So it is easier to pull than push an object. Just turn the seats around
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #15
Boosted1200
Not Yet Wild

Used to have a good top speed now I'm only seeing 14 wondering what's going on. It really spins the tires in reverse and forward is nothing close. Maybe the push and pull thing it is.
Boosted1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You Are not the original poster in this thread. The OP found his problem. You should go ahead and start a new thread with all the info we need about your cart and modifications and we will try to sort out your problem as well
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha