lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2016, 06:46 AM   #1
oceantrav
Getting Wild

Default Easiest way to add speakers?

Got a 2015 Gas.

Want to add a couple water resistant/proof speaker, and preferably one of those circle looking blue tooth head units.

I see that they sell over hear consoles, but they are like $200 and look cut for a standard radio.

What are some easy methods I may not be aware of?

Thanks/ Matt
oceantrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
oceantrav
Getting Wild

Default Re: Easiest way to add speakers?

Did some searching and seen this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IB...dML&ref=plSrch

Would that be a decent choice? Would have to modify anything, only $100, and good reviews. Would I be able to use the provided brackets and just mount them to the bars holding the roof on?
oceantrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Those look like they would work but where do you plan on mounting them? On the windshield pillars? You might be interested in an aftermarket dash panel that has speaker holes and a slot for the radio built right into them. It keeps everything nice and neat and also packs everything into a nice compact place out of the way and out of the direct weather. Still need a marine radio and marine speakers though. Just my personal opinion on the matter.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
T-Hard
Not Yet Wild

Have you thought about just using a nice Bluetooth speaker?
T-Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #5
Roadking88
Not Yet Wild

I use a Bluetooth speaker paired with my iphone. Works awesome! Plus it's portable!
Roadking88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
clubcarfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking88 View Post
I use a Bluetooth speaker paired with my iphone. Works awesome! Plus it's portable!
Where do you mount / store the speaker?
clubcarfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:03 AM   #7
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I use 4 speakers and a bluetooth amp. I cut 2 holes out of the rear access panel and made 2 panels for the front cubby holes.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have an Oontz angle and just toss it in the front cubby, it works better than I thought it would. I do not leave it in the cart it gets used all over. Also have a larger rocktube I should try, they sound different because of how the speakers are in the end, but in the cubby it would not matter. They have a larger woofer.

There are a lot of BT amps now so you don't even need a radio, unless you want a radio/player of some kind. You can also run powered sub tubes off a radio/speakers with no amp for better sound, though I don't think any are waterproof. I was looking at cheap pyle 10/12" tubes and run a BT amp with a set of speakers in front, hide much as I could. Would have to wrap the tube or something to keep rain off it though, and make sure I can fit it in the bagwell somehow. If I put sound in my cart it will need a little thunder or I wont bother. I just don't play music much on it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #9
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Look into the JBL Xtreme bluetooth speaker, and figure out a way to mount it to the roof. 18 hour battery, splash proof, noise canceling microphone for conference calls, allows up to 3 devices to pair with it simultaneously (people can take turns controlling the music without pairing), and it charges two devices via USB ports in the back. Gets LOUD. Great bass response. Can even pair up with up to three other JBL Xtremes and play in stereo.

it's a bit large but portable enough to take with you and comes in different colors. $229 list but you can look for a deal.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #10
Mister Fister
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I went with a Memphis Audio MXASB20V2 bluetooth soundbar. I got a piece of 1.5" rigid conduit, pinched and rolled the ends to match curve of the roof supports. Had to cut small slots in the roof but I was able to get it up high enough to mount my rear view mirror under it without it setting too low. I got the sounds bar on eBay for $90. It was missing the mounting hardware and the power cables were ripped off. I think it was involved in a roll and flew off. I was able to repair it myself and love the setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170607_121910.jpg (129.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170607_121925.jpg (201.6 KB, 0 views)
Mister Fister is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha