lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #1
vertigo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha Golf Cart.

Have the opportunity to pick up a 48 volt Yamaha cart for a seemingly decent price ( $1200 ).
Not sure of the model or year. Have a friend going to take a look at it for me as it is out of state.

Not being familiar with the Yamaha cart or golf cart's in general, I seek the BGW brain trust in helping me.

What are the Pro's as well as Con's with the Yamaha cart's?
Are they as reliable as the CC or Ez-Go? Condition dependent of course.
Will the new style body fit on the same frame?
What sort of speed can be expected without going the Plum Crazy route just yet?

To show the current condition as well as style, I have included a pic of it.

Thanks in advance.
Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6375.jpg (151.6 KB, 0 views)
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Golf Cart.

Yamaha makes a great cart. 48v is either a G19E or G22E. On the G22 the park brake is in the left corner of the brake. The G19 has the park brake across the top of the pedal. Speeds are comparable to any other cart, I'm guessing. That looks like a nice cart.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

According to the installed roof, it should be a G22. But the "ergo top" could have peen put on a G19. Buy it, that's a lot of good stuff for $1200, even if it needs batteries. Another way to tell if it's a G22 is "are all the batteries in a straight row?" if yes, G22.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #4
vertigo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help. Haven't heard back from my friend yet, so no idea as to which model it is.
Are there any after market suppliers for the Yamaha that y'all would suggest me taking a gander at? Should I decide on getting the cart.
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
rib33024

I think the cart is a god deal. Like said,If it needs batteries it's still a deal. That's if it runs good. There could be things under the seat that will make a defference in speed. I'd say if it's stock, around 20 MPH + -
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

On a G22e, it works like this. If you look at the motor and its a GE motor, it was never eligible for PTV speed upgrade (19 mph). The GE motor is easily spotted by its short aluminum cap on the end of the motor (AMD & Hitachi aluminum cap is inches tall). All the stock motors will get the cart over 20 MPH with a alltrax controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha