lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2017, 11:57 PM   #11
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Electrical: Run away cart, what just happened and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Did it keep RUNNING or were the wheels just in the air spinning?
It was running, the wheels were not actually in the air
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #12
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Got back to the cart today. Feel a little better because the wire I initially jumpered is one of the test procedures in the factory repair manual (yeah, I know it also says to put on brake first and a couple of other safety steps I foolishly skipped).

This time with the rear end off the ground, I jumper from the solenoid to negative post and the cart runs both F and R. Run tow switch is working as is key switch. The reverse buzzer is not.

The black wire leaving the solenoid to the controller has 49v on it. Tried two different new controllers, so I know controller is good.

can someone tell me if I am on the right track or that I am missing something:

Seems the controller needs to close a switch to take power back to negative post. If that is correct, then either the switch is not closing because the controller is not seeing the correct inputs OR the controller is closing the switch and there is a problem with the connection back to the negative post
Old 05-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #13
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Solved: Electrical: Run away cart, what just happened and why

Ok, in case anyone is interested, here was why the cart ran away.

I had put a new universal Navitas TS2 Controller (AWESOME PRODUCT AT GREAT PRICE) on the cart. The controller came with no installation instructions or diagrams (though they were there on the website). I ASSumed that the new controller would connect with the same motor connections.

On the original Controller the A2 Motor lead connects to the negative battery terminal. However, on the new Navitas Controller, A2 goes to positive.

Though this was very clear in the instructions I read after the fact, I was still not comfortable connecting a wire that had been on the negative terminal to the positive terminal of a brand new controller. So, I emailed Navitas direct and they confirmed it.

I moved A2 from negative to positive and the cart ran fine. The problems were: (1) the original controller was bad and (2) I then connected the new controller wrong (in my defense, the right way was very counter-intuitive). Lessons learned and shared.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #14
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha