lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #11
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: CC Motor upgrade question

you understand, that the rear you have is WEAK, you can adapt it if you want, i mean hell we put a man on the moon so anything is possible. The question is why waste the time adapting it only for it to break, from a higher HP motor.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #12
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This older differential was a weaker unit and the accepted fix is to upgrade to the very readily available newer stronger unit which supports all the modern motors.
Gotcha. Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to find less expensive route. I've looked about everywhere and I'm looking at like $500 for rear end at the bare minimum. Then I would have to get the motor also so that's like $700 in one shot.

In the end a man's gotta have his toys, some men can afford all the cool toys and others can't, but they try to make the best out of what they can afford.

Justifying $100 or $200 to upgrade a motor that may or may not need replaced is one thing..... Spending $700+ for the same reason, is not.
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Wow - exercise that shopping gene. I see customers picking up these differentials for $100 and my 10 hp motor for this cart is $429
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #14
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird6246 View Post
you understand, that the rear you have is WEAK, you can adapt it if you want, i mean hell we put a man on the moon so anything is possible. The question is why waste the time adapting it only for it to break, from a higher HP motor.
I do understand what you all are saying. When life hands you lemons make lemonade, right? I can't afford to buy my own cart. I was given one that didn't run and made it work. Then I have like $150 to upgrade to a new motor that not only should be better, but it's also one I didn't rig to work. But then I'm told I can't have that because my rear end is obsolete.

It's like when I was a kid, you finally have a Nintendo and a game you really want comes out, but it's only for the Super Nintendo. Or a Playstation and the game is only for Playstation 2, etc.

If you pay for the new system, you can't afford the game it's a viscious circle.

I know you all don't need to hear my complaints and excuses .... but I really do appreciate your help.

$150 for a motor I can't use..... Nope
$500 for a rear end I don't have a motor for..... Nope

$0 and fingers crossed my motor fix, and apparently my rear end holds up...Yep

Thanks again for all your replies and suggestions.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #15
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Wow - exercise that shopping gene. I see customers picking up these differentials for $100 and my 10 hp motor for this cart is $429
I haven't found any, got ideas of where I should look? I mean I've found them cheaper but shipping is the killer.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Spend time beating the bushes= go to every cart shop & scourer CL for dead carts. Good Luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

One possibility to speed up that old motor is a 'Field Weakening' by-pass.

You can look at this old thread about it, I like the idea of safety so I proposed a design that uses an additional relay that disengages when you release the GO pedal.

You can make it as simple as a solenoid that shorts out the S1 and S2 motor terminals, but You should avoid torque conditions like going up hill.

Anyway, it may be something to play with until that old motor fails:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ies-motor.html
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:25 PM   #18
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
One possibility to speed up that old motor is a 'Field Weakening' by-pass.

You can look at this old thread about it, I like the idea of safety so I proposed a design that uses an additional relay that disengages when you release the GO pedal.

You can make it as simple as a solenoid that shorts out the S1 and S2 motor terminals, but You should avoid torque conditions like going up hill.

Anyway, it may be something to play with until that old motor fails:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ies-motor.html
I read this thread ..... got any pics or a parts list?
Old 06-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #19
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by radelon View Post
It's like when I was a kid, you finally have a Nintendo and a game you really want comes out, but it's only for the Super Nintendo. Or a Playstation and the game is only for Playstation 2, etc.

If you pay for the new system, you can't afford the game it's a viscious circle.
I know that feeling...
when I was a kid, we played with sticks. When Shawn Grant up the street went into the woods and got a bigger stick than mine, I had to take the time to go into the woods myself and find a bigger stick than his!

Talk about a vicious circle!!!

And don't even get me started on Whiffle ball.....good god!
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Wow - exercise that shopping gene. I see customers picking up these differentials for $100:
They must really get de-valued by the time they make it all the way to the west coast. I practically GAVE 10 of them away at $350 each, plus shipping, over the past 6 months. Retail on a new one is $1375.55. If you can round up a bunch of them for $100 a piece, call me. I'll buy a whole pallet of them.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car