lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
dromonk
Not Yet Wild

Default 1st cart tips info

Baught my 1st cart a yamaha g9 got it on the cheap side looking for tips on lift block a arm or spindle lift witch is perfered or better ride and stabilty also rear shock up grades added a rear seat and had 3 adults on rear last weekend it squated but still climbed the hills around camp ground been trying to find a dash kit so i can mount a radio and a few other addons can find them for every other model ill add pics when i go back to camp this weekend

thaank for any tips ideas links ahead of time
dromonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1st cart tips info

there are some threads on the g9 rear shock options.. you can buy hd shocks for the G9but they are pricy.. I paid about $100 for a pair.. others found some different springs from McMaster Carr and replaced them with a bit of work

good luck and have fun
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
jacobsond
Getting Wild

I put the McMaster carr springs on mine part 96485k191 I believe is the part number. I had to make a spring compressor to remove the old and install the new. They work great. No more squatting with people on the back seat. With the new purchase before you go and do all the mods get the basics done 1st. Adjust the valve lash. Inspect clean grease the clutches. Change the oil and put the proper oil in. Remember no additives and use the recommended weight. Inspect and clean everything. Get the engine and engine compartment clean so you can tell if you have a leak or problem. Make sure the air box is good and new filter.One thing with my G9 2oz of TCW3 2 stroke oil in 10gal of gas makes this cart run so smooth. I could tell the difference right away at low speeds.That might be something to try. Also new motor mounts made the world of difference with a shaking during acceleration. Enjoy your "new" cart.
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
dromonk
Not Yet Wild

Not doing mich to it till winter then plan is a full strip down and do all mods lift paint repairs fix and replace and some customization where did you get moumts and other parts for it
dromonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can get cheap lifts they lower the arms. You can move up to a double arm they are nicer like a jakes or allsports, or the best is jakes LT lift with new shocks but you pay for it but they ride nicer for sure. Some use other shocks like off ebay and have some luck to get better ride. Yes you have to beef up the rear if you want to ride people back there. Get offset wheels for sure with any lift that makes it wider and safer, best to get atv rated tires they are much tougher and don't get punctures if you ride in that kind of stuff. I would say get 22-23 tires if you can, you can go larger but it depends on the lift if they fit, usually you need to move the cradle back and remove or change the rear bumper mounts. Even my 22s I had to trim the end of the rocker in back and mod the inner well. G9 is a great cart built like a tank.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha