lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2017, 05:45 AM   #91
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: My Plowman's Performance Kit versus My VC 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
My g9 ignition runs like crap, I barely get 16 mph, has at most half power of stock but I refuse to tough it, why? I use the cart too much and it does cost me a lot of extra work when it's down, I haul pavers (like 30), spray weeds, play with the kids, I've hauled dirt, towed China 4 wheelers, and endless other things. I work 60+ hours a week next to loud diesel engines, I really don't care for loud engines in my personal life. Plowman's setup would work great for me, less time for install, it's already tuned as I rather drive it with my kids then be away from them working on it, and 4 hp has been enough power for me.

Everyone sound drop the emotional attachment to objects that don't really matter. A clone is great, hell the stock g2 engine is great, when I had my ex500 engine in my g2 I had more power(50) and it was also quiet, and it would do 80 mph, who fing cares.
Thats nice you want to spend time with your kids they grow up fast, then have a life of their own, then you see less and less of them as they get older sooner or later it becomes just holidays and special occasions, working 60 hours a week probably don't help, I use to take everything thrown at me in OT, woke up one day about 10 years ago and ask myself, where my life went?
It went to my employer, I dont work anything outside my schedule, unless Im really needed which equals to about 48 hours a year..and thats it.. I myself enjoy working and tinkering on my cart.. hell why would there be a buggies gone wild if items didn't matter, these buggies become peoples hobbies, like race cars, boats, guns etc: its a past time, or we can all go and watch tv and lay around and do nothing, what people do, like or prefer is there prerogative.. so go out and have at it, its your time, spend it as you will, its a short time so enjoy..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2017, 07:46 AM   #92
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Thats nice you want to spend time with your kids they grow up fast, then have a life of their own, then you see less and less of them as they get older sooner or later it becomes just holidays and special occasions, working 60 hours a week probably don't help, I use to take everything thrown at me in OT, woke up one day about 10 years ago and ask myself, where my life went?
Are you becoming French?
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:07 AM   #93
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not french, just dont live beyond what i can afford, I work with guys in their 60's some even in their 70's and cant afford not to work 70 hrs a week.. thats crazy and they say they wish they could do what i do..lol
Old 09-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #94
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Yeah I'm oilfeild and I let a little get away from me at $100 a barrel so I'm stuck working as much as I can. The past year I had a 40/week job and could not stand it plus the money was barely scraping by, which is a second reason my cart is slow, now the money is good but I have deferred a lot if things so I'm playing catch up. I also have high career and business asperations so working little doesn't work for my life.

It's good to hear that some people love the golf cart system and style instead of the bigger is better style
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #95
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well being in the trades, work is up and down so i would always bank when times were good, you never know when the bottom would fall out, i got out of the Ironworkers a while back, but I still keep my union book just incase i have to go back to the dreaded hard labor..
Old 09-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #96
Dragcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Used the cart as intended this weekend. Towing our racecar to the staging lanes and back to our pit after a pass. With two adults in the cart, if it wasn't for the rearview mirror, I wouldn't have known the 2800 pound racecar was back there!

Thank You Don Plowman!

Raced in Clay City, KY. Great facility, freindly staff. The track operater has been making improvments. He made it a point to ask us what we thought of the improvments and what else needs to be done. Had several conversations with him throughout the event.

Thank You Mountain Park Dragway. We will be back.
Dragcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #97
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragcart View Post
Mind if I quote you on your recommendations?
By all means, quote me. I told people to just take it for a ride. The proof is in the puddin, LOL.
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #98
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Used the cart as intended this weekend. Towing our racecar to the staging lanes and back to our pit after a pass. With two adults in the cart, if it wasn't for the rearview mirror, I wouldn't have known the 2800 pound racecar was back there!
Just like he said it would do, and 30 plus MPH cruising. His set up can't be beat for torque, speed, ease of installation, and results. It truly is a no-brainer which route to choose.

Quote:
Thank You Don Plowman!

The most often repeated sentence in the Yamaha golf cart forum. Period.
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
performance, plowman, plowman's
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha