lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
mikemc53
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Charger Dead??

2007 YDRE 48 volt.

Always worked perfectly and I charge every night. Charger stays covered so as not to get wet, especially during charge times.

I went out of town for a few days and when I came back it was raining and had been pouring for a couple of days. The charger was sitting outside and plugged into an outlet but not into the cart. My wife said that she was afraid to unplug or move it during the rain so it sat for a day and a half getting wet.

Plugged it in today and get no hum from transformer. Dried it out real good but still...nothing. It does click when I plug it in to the cart and the three red lights at the top flash, very briefly, then the yellow charge light flashes once very dimly, then nothing. When I unplug it from the cart it clicks again but nothing else.

So...is it toast? If so what are my best options because these things look to be really expensive.

Also I was looking online and the ones I saw for the 2007 YDRE were three pin and mine is two. Not sure why or what that means.

All help appreciated.

Thanks.
mikemc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Battery Charger Dead??

Which charger do you have? Is it the large one made by MAC (but labeled Yamaha on front)? Is it the small, light weight charger with a fan on the back? Don't worry too much about number of pins, they all have the same charge port, only the cover/guide on the cart body is different.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #3
mikemc53
Not Yet Wild

It's actually a DPI 48V/17A charger. Not real big but not the one with the fan either. Doesn't say Yamaha on it but DPI across front.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, that chargers board may not be coated, so it tolerates little water. You likely need a new board. Have your charger at hand when you call DPI , because they will need model & serial numbers, also software ver. If I recall, board costs around $115.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
mikemc53
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I am going to call them first thing, Monday.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #6
mikemc53
Not Yet Wild

Just to follow up. I called DPI and got some great help from Larry in their tech department. I ended up ordering a control board (KITs0046) and got it in two days. Works perfectly!

Thanks much for the help.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #7
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

DPI is a great product and they are made in Tennessee, USA....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha