lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default g20 or g22?

how do i determine what model yamaha golf cart i have? it is 48v with a yamaha charger....
thanks in advance
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: g20 or g22?

Ok, since it's 48v from the factory, we know it's G19 or newer. Can I correctly assume it's not a Drive (G29), or a UMAX utility cart (G27)? G20 is a limo model, so if it's not a limo, it's not a G20. G22 has a parking brake latch on the pedal that only occupies one corner of the pedal, has rack & pinion steering, and batteries in a straight row. G19 has parking brake latch all the way across the top of the brake pedal, and batteries separated into groups of 2, to make room for the controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #3
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Ok, since it's 48v from the factory, we know it's G19 or newer. Can I correctly assume it's not a Drive (G29), or a UMAX utility cart (G27)? G20 is a limo model, so if it's not a limo, it's not a G20. G22 has a parking brake latch on the pedal that only occupies one corner of the pedal, has rack & pinion steering, and batteries in a straight row. G19 has parking brake latch all the way across the top of the brake pedal, and batteries separated into groups of 2, to make room for the controller.
thanks cg its a G22...parking break on the corner

got 9 years out of the pack-putting a new pack of batteries in tomarrow...the controller says G20-but someone wrote a 2 over the 0-so i wanted to check....

is there any issues that are problematic? so far the batteries are the only failure since we have owned it...good cart
Old 12-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

G22 is a fantastic cart, definitely one of the finest you could own from any brand. and suspension that rivals the suspension offered today by CC & Ezgo. Moric controller was weak (earlier G22 had GE controller).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i have the moric...
Old 12-15-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i also have the "maytag repairman" of carts-so thats good....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha