lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2018, 11:25 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Resurrection

Thanks guys. I'll be sure to put up a couole.pics when I'm REALLY done with it. But for now I'll run it like it is until I get a few 4wheelers out of my shop and have some time and room :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just an update. STill not done, and at this point with all the ideas popping through my head don't know if there is such a thing as "done"

Fixed the part of my frame over the weekend that was rusted out, under the battery tray. Guessing that's from batteries leaking over the years. Got some heavy duty 1 3/4" pipe from lowes, 10 foot piece was 30 bucks. Cut out the rotten part to where it was solid, i can't believe how thin the frame tubing is on this thing! The stuff i got was perfect, slid inside the OEM frame perfectly. Got it welded in and at least I know the part i replaced is solid!

I live in Georgia. For those of you up north, it is HOT here. When I made my seats, I had a bunch of black vinyl so went with it. Looks great. However, after one too many what equates to a third degree burn on my butt because it happened to sit out in the sun for like 30 seconds, enough was enough. The Golf cart shop here in Jesup is Awesome! Scored me a top from a i don't even know what it came from, for basically nothing. It was on their junk trailer behind the shop. I got some roof supports from another i don't know what they came from cart from a member here, and with some modification got them to fit wonderfully. The white top and silver struts just didn't match well at all, so once it was all fit proper got me some more rattle can satin black and promoter and went to town. It already has made a huge difference and my butt and lower back thank me!

Still haven't gotten around to the brush guard yet, but i've got another 9 feet of tubing, a brush guard from a Kawasaki ATV, and a welder... to be continued (Eventuallly........) :)

Either way, it's come a looooooooong way from the ugly little white thing my wife couldn't believe I brought home. And project "cheap build" lives. Still under $550 total investment! Now I think my wife likes it more than I do lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180716_125823_resized.jpg (140.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180716_125742_resized.jpg (139.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #13
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Just an update. STill not done, and at this point with all the ideas popping through my head don't know if there is such a thing as "done"

Fixed the part of my frame over the weekend that was rusted out, under the battery tray. Guessing that's from batteries leaking over the years. Got some heavy duty 1 3/4" pipe from lowes, 10 foot piece was 30 bucks. Cut out the rotten part to where it was solid, i can't believe how thin the frame tubing is on this thing! The stuff i got was perfect, slid inside the OEM frame perfectly. Got it welded in and at least I know the part i replaced is solid!

I live in Georgia. For those of you up north, it is HOT here. When I made my seats, I had a bunch of black vinyl so went with it. Looks great. However, after one too many what equates to a third degree burn on my butt because it happened to sit out in the sun for like 30 seconds, enough was enough. The Golf cart shop here in Jesup is Awesome! Scored me a top from a i don't even know what it came from, for basically nothing. It was on their junk trailer behind the shop. I got some roof supports from another i don't know what they came from cart from a member here, and with some modification got them to fit wonderfully. The white top and silver struts just didn't match well at all, so once it was all fit proper got me some more rattle can satin black and promoter and went to town. It already has made a huge difference and my butt and lower back thank me!

Still haven't gotten around to the brush guard yet, but i've got another 9 feet of tubing, a brush guard from a Kawasaki ATV, and a welder... to be continued (Eventuallly........) :)

Either way, it's come a looooooooong way from the ugly little white thing my wife couldn't believe I brought home. And project "cheap build" lives. Still under $550 total investment! Now I think my wife likes it more than I do lol

Nice cart in the background there!

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Nice cart in the background there!

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
Lol yeah... that turd... cursing the guy that sold that thing to me...

It's in way nicer shape than my g9 was when I got it. The "behind the scenes" stuff to make it work is easy. I had to modify or build everything except the body itself by hand since so much was missing when I got it. I've got some ABS to make covers for the seat supports one of these days too
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha